|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period is covered by Chapter 1?
(a) 1930s to 1944.
(b) 1980 to 1985.
(c) 1944 to 1951.
(d) 1920s to 1930s.
2. Where does Artie's father live, in the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Rego Park, NY.
3. Who does Artie’s father say he was often compared to?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
4. What does Vladek do to get back in touch with Anja after she stopped contacting him?
(a) He writes her long letters.
(b) He travels to her town at the weekend.
(c) He phones until she agrees to take his call.
(d) He asks Anja’s father to intercede.
5. What is Artie's father doing while he is telling Artie his story?
(a) Riding an exercise bike.
(b) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business was Artie's father in before the war?
2. How does Artie's father surprise Anja on their first date?
3. What are the pills for, that Anja has in her bureau?
4. What objection does Artie’s father make about the material Artie is gathering?
5. What criticism does Lucia make of Anja?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)