|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Maus begin?
2. What saves Vladek from a beating at the hands of a German guard while in Srodula?
(a) The arrival of a crowd of Jews.
(b) The arrival of the guard’s ranking officer.
(c) His connection with Haskel Spiegelman.
(d) His ability to bribe the officer.
3. What wedding gift does Artie’s father say his father-in-law gave him?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) An inscribed copy of the Torah.
4. What percentage of the workers stayed at the work camp, according to Vladek?
5. What does Artie's father chide him with, while he is telling Artie stories?
(a) Listening so passively.
(b) Not having experienced anything like the Holocaust.
(c) Not asking enough questions
(d) Dropping cigarette ash on the carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for even minor violations of laws during the war?
2. How does Artie’s father characterize Anja’s relationship with Artie?
3. What does Vladek volunteer for while in the POW camp?
4. Why do the Germans leave Vladek’s mother-in-law’s nice bedroom set alone when they come to plunder the household?
5. What task is Vladek given after being taken to a camp during the war?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)