|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do Vladek and Anja see each other once Vladek’s father-in-law’s business plans for Vladek come through?
(a) Every other week.
(c) Every six months.
(d) Every month.
2. What offer does Ilzecki make to Vladek, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) He offers to get Vladek a job in a factory.
(b) He offers to smuggle Vladek and his wife out of Poland.
(c) He offers to help Vladek return to his factory in Bielsko.
(d) He offers to send Richieu away for safekeeping.
3. Why does Artie’s father say that Anja’s Uncle Herman and Aunt Helen were lucky?
(a) They were friends with some powerful Nazis.
(b) They had passed as Germans and were saved from the fighting.
(c) They were in New York when the war started.
(d) The could were in England when the war began.
4. What reason does Artie's father give for what he is doing in Chapter 2?
(a) He says that it minimizes his expenses.
(b) He says that it is important for him to keep himself alive.
(c) He says that it reduces his pains.
(d) He says that his doctor requires it.
5. Who is the friend Anja “always ran to see” even after she and Vladek were married?
(a) A cousin from Berlin.
(b) A communist from Warsaw.
(c) An old boyfriend from home.
(d) A childhood friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Zylberberg family go on January 1, 1942?
2. Where does Artie's father live, in the beginning of the memoir?
3. Where does Vladek take refuge as Srodula is liquidated?
4. How does Vladek keep from being beaten when he is taken captive in the war?
5. Where did Artie's father meet Anja?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)