|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the friend Anja “always ran to see” even after she and Vladek were married?
(a) An old boyfriend from home.
(b) A cousin from Berlin.
(c) A communist from Warsaw.
(d) A childhood friend.
2. What effect did Vladek’s shooting have in the war, during the battle before he was captured?
(a) He shot more than one German.
(b) He shot one German soldier.
(c) He shot blindly, and did no damage.
(d) He only shot in the air.
3. How many people were living in Vladek’s father-in-law’s household?
4. Who does Anja’s friend get her in trouble with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The police.
(c) Her friend.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Artie urge his father to do, regarding his story?
(a) Speed up his narration.
(b) Keep his story chronologically straight.
(c) Tell him the history of each of the people he mentions.
(d) Tell him every detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Artie’s father say he was often compared to?
2. What is Artie's father doing when Artie sees him again in Chapter 2?
3. How does the process of gathering information change Artie’s relationship with his father?
4. What task is Vladek given after being taken to a camp during the war?
5. What is Anja’s involvement with her friend she "always ran to see" even after she and Vladek were married?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)