|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladek insult Artie without meaning to?
(a) He takes Artie’s money to save it for him.
(b) He refuses to let Artie get up until he has eaten all of his food.
(c) He throws out his coat.
(d) He chastises him like a child about the ash from his cigarettes.
2. Where did Mala’s mother hide, that she survived living in the ghetto?
(a) In a coal cellar.
(b) In a crawlspace.
(c) In an abandoned factory.
(d) Inside a hidden closet.
3. How many ounces of bread is each member of Vladek's inlaws entitled to during the war, with the coupons the Germans have issued?
4. What effect does Vladek’s story about his father rescuing the pillow in 1914 have on Anja?
(a) It lifts her spirits.
(b) It reminds her why they must carry on.
(c) It reassures her.
(d) It convinces her that she can trust him.
5. Whose story does Artie say, in Chapter 1, he wants to tell?
(a) His own.
(b) The Holocaust’s.
(c) His mother’s.
(d) His father’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Artie urge his father to do, regarding his story?
2. Why does Vladek say his position as a Jew in Poland is less secure than his position as a prisoner of war?
3. Who does Artie’s father say he was often compared to?
4. What medical condition does Artie's father have?
5. How does Vladek keep from being beaten when he is taken captive in the war?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)