1. When does Maus begin?
2. How old is Art Spiegelman at the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Eleven or twelve.
(b) Fifteen or sixteen.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Six or seven.
3. What experience does Art Spiegelman’s father contrast with Art’s experience of his friends skating away when his skate broke?
(a) His experience as a young boy.
(b) His experience as a soldier.
(c) His experience in the Holocaust.
(d) His experience as a father.
4. What period is covered by Chapter 1?
(a) 1944 to 1951.
(b) 1930s to 1944.
(c) 1980 to 1985.
(d) 1920s to 1930s.
5. Where does Artie's father live, in the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Rego Park, NY.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
6. How did Artie’s mother die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) She died in the Holocaust.
7. How does Artie describe the relationship between his father and Anja?
(a) They are a good team.
(b) They are like brother and sister.
(c) They are affectionate like lovers.
(d) They don’t get along.
This section contains 5,635 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)