|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the fleet get to the North Atlantic quickly?
(a) Rounding Cape Horn.
(b) Catching the trades.
(c) Cutting through Gibraltar.
(d) Traveling the great circle.
2. Why does Stephen not go ashore in Freetown with Square?
(a) Square cannot take him into the interior yet.
(b) The mosquitoes are too bad.
(c) Aubrey tells Stephen they are leaving Freetown.
(d) There is too much illness ashore.
3. Why does Aubrey call a meeting of all the Captains?
(a) To get to know them.
(b) To discuss gunnery exercises.
(c) To discuss a new Imperial navy requirement.
(d) To discuss their orders.
4. What do Bonden and Killick discuss in secret?
(a) The upcoming assignment.
(d) A business scheme.
5. Why does Jack have Ballona repeat a drill for the other ships in the squadron to witness?
(a) The Ballona is quite good at the exercise.
(b) He refuses to repeat the drill and says the other ships will have to do it on their own.
(c) So the Ballona's relatively inexperienced crew can get more practice time.
(d) So the other Captains feel ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey think about the fighting condition of the fleet?
2. How does Captain Thomas treat his crew?
3. How does Aubrey hope to engage the French fleet?
4. When had Diana fled to where she now is?
5. What does Square agree to do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)