|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stephen mention in defense of homosexuals?
(c) No one.
2. What is Philip's Island?
(a) An uninhabited, mostly bare piece of land.
(b) An uninhabited refuge for birds.
(c) A slave trade haven.
(d) A haven for the French.
3. How does Captain Thomas treat his crew?
(a) He pushes them extremely hard.
(b) He is unfair.
(c) He is lax with them.
(d) He treats them as friends.
4. Why does Captain Thomas become defensive?
(a) Aubrey talks about officers owning slaves.
(b) Aubrey asks him for his opnion about the slave trade.
(c) Aubrey talks about the need for more targeted exercises.
(d) Aubrey talks about the lack of control of many of the gunners.
5. What does Maturin hope England will not do?
(a) Refuse to recognize Ireland as part of the British commonwealth.
(b) Repeal the French invasion of Ireland.
(c) Use the planned French invasion of Ireland as an excuse to annex Ireland.
(d) Ignore Ireland's needs and just plunder the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aubrey in a foul mood when Maturin sees him?
2. Why is one of the slave vessels considered pirates?
3. What does Maturin tell Smith?
4. Which ship is having trouble keeping up with the rest of the fleet?
5. What does Sophie suspect incorrectly about Clarissa?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)