|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said of the citizens of the village where the French were headed?
(a) They attacked the one French company that came ashore.
(b) Many were inclined to hlep the French.
(c) Nothing is said of them.
(d) They hate the French.
2. What does Stephen ask of Mr. Houmouzios?
(a) To contact Sir Blaine.
(b) To get Stephen some cocoa leaves.
(c) To get him an interview with the local tribal chiefs.
(d) To get him some laudanum.
3. Who does Aubrey's fleet capture?
(a) None of the French ships.
(b) Only the flag ship.
(c) Three frigates and a transport.
(d) Four transports and the flag ship.
4. Why does Jack have Ballona repeat a drill for the other ships in the squadron to witness?
(a) So the other Captains feel ashamed.
(b) He refuses to repeat the drill and says the other ships will have to do it on their own.
(c) So the Ballona's relatively inexperienced crew can get more practice time.
(d) The Ballona is quite good at the exercise.
5. Who is Parson Hinksey?
(a) Someone who courted Sophie before she marries Jack.
(b) Someone under suspicion of treason.
(c) The cleric assigned to Jack's estates.
(d) The parson on board the Surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ship that Ringle spots doing?
2. What does Ringle spot?
3. What does Stephen do when Aubrey decides to wait out to sea for a few days?
4. How does the operation on Mr. Gray go?
5. What does Maturin do to try to boost his energy?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)