|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Gifford?
(a) The first mate on the Stately.
(b) The first mate on the Ringle.
(c) The surgeon on the Stately.
(d) The surgeon on the Ringle.
2. What does the Aurora escort back to Freetown the next morning?
(a) A number of captured slavers.
(b) The most notorious slaver in the area.
(c) A whaling vessel.
(d) A ship of British prisoners freed from a French frigate.
3. From what does Maturin say Mr. Gray is suffering?
(a) Some sort of attack of the stone.
4. What does Stately require in order to get to Bantry?
(b) A new mast.
(c) More crew.
(d) A tow.
5. What does Maturin tell Smith?
(a) To ask the tribal shaman to come on board.
(b) How to treat Maturin if Maturin is sick.
(c) To go get Captain Aubrey.
(d) Maturin needs some quinine from onshore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aubrey in a foul mood when Maturin sees him?
2. Why does Captain Thomas become defensive?
3. Who is Stanislas?
4. What does Stephen say to the villagers?
5. What is said of the citizens of the village where the French were headed?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)