|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aubrey late to meet?
(a) Sir Blaine.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Captain Hervey.
(d) Dr. Maturin.
2. Where is Maturin almost overtaken while riding?
(a) At the docks.
(b) On the edge of the woods of his estate.
(c) At the Thames river bridge.
(d) Near the gallows.
3. What does Maturin decide to do about Coleman and Oates?
(a) Move them to London where they will not be easily found.
(b) Send them to the West Indies.
(c) Take them to Spain.
(d) Send them to the country under disguise.
4. About what does Sophie speak to Maturin?
(a) Aubery's health.
(b) Her son's eyesight.
(c) One of the twins' weight loss.
(d) Aubrey's attitude towards her.
5. How long has it been since Maturin has seen Brigid?
(a) A couple years.
(b) He just saw her about two weeks earlier.
(c) A few months.
(d) He has never seen her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey point out through his telescope?
2. What does Maturin do when he talks to Mrs. Williams?
3. Why is Maturin excited to hear Coleman and Brigid?
4. What does Maturin's caller want?
5. What does Aubrey ask of his commander concerning the Thames?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephen relieve Jack's anxiety about Parson Hinksey?
2. Who visits Stephen in Bantry and what does he tell Stephen?
3. Why has Aubrey's dark mood returned?
4. What does Mrs. Williams say about Aubrey's uniform and what is Sophie's response?
5. How does Mrs. Williams demonstrate her obnoxious personality?
6. What transpires when Maturin visits Mr. Houmouzios?
7. What happens when Maturin meets with his two assistants?
8. Who is Whewell and how can he help in the fleet's mission?
9. What happens as Stephen rides to Portsmouth?
10. How are the readers show a very different side of Aubrey through his children?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)