|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brigid?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) Maturin's daughter.
(c) Clarissa's daughter.
(d) Maturin's mother.
2. What will Aubrey be receiving for his next assignment?
(a) A new first mate.
(b) A new ship of the line.
(c) A small squadron.
(d) A new surgeon.
3. Who is Lalla?
(a) Aubrey's cook.
(b) A young girl who is watching Brigid.
(c) Maturin's mare.
(d) Maturin's cook.
4. About what does Sophie speak to Maturin?
(a) Her son's eyesight.
(b) Aubrey's attitude towards her.
(c) One of the twins' weight loss.
(d) Aubery's health.
5. How does the Berenice help Surprise?
(a) Giving Surprise some crew members.
(b) On repairs.
(c) The Berenice does not help Surprise as Berenice is in bad shape also.
(d) Towing her to port.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Dundas and Aubrey once flogged?
2. Who does Maturin first visit upon arrival in London?
3. What does Maturin reflect upon as he stops for a drink at an inn?
4. What does Maturin hear Padeen Coleman doing with Brigid?
5. What does Maturin's caller want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Aurora bring and why are all the crews happy about it?
2. What does Mrs. Williams say about Clarissa Oakes?
3. How does Maturin help quell rebellion in the village?
4. What transpires when Maturin visits Mr. Houmouzios?
5. What does Pullings say to Aubrey about Captain Thomas?
6. What conflict exists among the servants at Aubrey's estate?
7. What happens during the meeting of all captains?
8. What is Padeen teaching Brigid, and what is Stephen's reaction?
9. How does Berenice help Surprise and why does Surprise continue to sail with Berenice?
10. What does Aubrey learn when he opens his orders and what does he ask Maturin concerning the orders?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)