|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
(a) Deal with Mrs. Williams.
(b) Teach Brigid to ride a pony.
(c) Take Brigid to her mother in Ireland.
(d) Take Brigid to his sister's home.
2. What does a messenger say about Pyramus the next morning?
(a) That it is to be cut from the squadron.
(b) That its name is being changed.
(c) That it has to go into dry dock.
(d) That it sank over night.
3. How does Mrs. Williams feel about her recent conversation with Clarissa?
(a) That Clarissa was warm and charming.
(b) That Clarissa was being evasive.
(c) That Clarissa was cold.
(d) That Clarissa is too naive.
4. About what does Aubrey express anxiety?
(a) Sophie delivering at her age.
(b) If Surprise will be large enough to serve as the flag vessel.
(c) Sophie having to deal with her mother day in and out.
(d) His new command.
5. Where would Dundas end up if he returns to England empty handed?
(a) Debtor's prison.
(b) In the Navy brig for dereliction of duty.
(d) With an administrative job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Aubrey be allowed to do as a result of his next assignment?
2. Why is Aubrey pleased to hear the Laurel will be joining his squadron?
3. Who arrives to meet with Maturin?
4. How does the Berenice help Surprise?
5. How is the Surprise damaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Stephen rides to Portsmouth?
2. What happens when Jack and Sophie quarrel about Clarissa?
3. Who does Maturin go to see in London and what does Maturin give the man he visits?
4. How does Captain Thomas act when Stephen sees him coming out of Aubrey's office?
5. Whose death does Maturin learn of as he is traveling to meet Diana, and how does she receive Maturin?
6. Where does Stephen take Clarissa, Brigid and Padeen and what deal does Stephen make with Padeen?
7. What does Aubrey find when he gets home and what happens to him as he rides to Woolcombe?
8. Why does a sailor interrupt Aubrey and Dundas' visit and what happens?
9. Who is Mr. Gray and what is his situation?
10. What conflict exists among the servants at Aubrey's estate?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)