|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey ask of his commander concerning the Thames?
(a) That the ship be reassigned.
(b) That the Thames be drydocked.
(c) That her captain be replaced.
(d) That they add more 20 pounders on the vessel.
2. How does the Berenice help Surprise?
(a) On repairs.
(b) Towing her to port.
(c) The Berenice does not help Surprise as Berenice is in bad shape also.
(d) Giving Surprise some crew members.
3. What does Blaine hint at to Maturin?
(a) That his daughter might be in danger.
(b) The possibility of Habachtsthal being assassinated.
(c) That Maturin might be promoted.
(d) That Maturin might be tried as a traitor.
4. About whom does Mrs. Williams say about a man has been making inquiries?
(a) Padeen Coleman.
(b) Diana Maturin.
(c) Clarissa Oakes.
(d) Steven Maturin.
5. How does Aubrey respond to Dundas' request?
(a) Aubrey says he can only spare one crewmember.
(b) Aubrey gives him some of Surprise's prize money.
(c) Aubrey says Sohpie's sister has recently married.
(d) Aubrey says Surprise is not returning to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship weighs anchor at Shelmerston?
2. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
3. With whom does Killick have an altercation?
4. Who is Brigid?
5. What is the name of the ship Jack Aubrey commands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Stephen in Bantry and what does he tell Stephen?
2. What do Bonden and Killick discuss in secret?
3. What happens as the fleet is leaving The Berlings and what is Aubrey's thought on the matter?
4. Who is Mr. Gray and what is his situation?
5. Why is Maturin unable to take his first foray into the jungle at Freetown?
6. What does Blaine say about the "man with a limp"?
7. Describe the squadron's first capture.
8. How long is Maturin ill and what is the fleet doing when he returns to consciousness?
9. For whom does Sophie hold a dinner and what happens about Maturin concerning the dinner?
10. What does Mrs. Williams say about Clarissa Oakes?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)