|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Gray?
(a) The cook.
(b) The ship's second lieutenant.
(c) The Captain's steward.
(d) Aubrey's steward.
2. Why is Captain Thomas angry at Aubrey?
(a) Because Aubrey has ordered Thomas to cease drilling so much.
(b) Because Aubery threw out a military conviction Thomas makes on a crew member.
(c) Because Aubrey refuses to allow Thomas any flexibility.
(d) For Aubrey questioning the readiness of his crew.
3. Why are Jack's men thrilled about Aurora's work?
(a) There is a bounty on freed slaves.
(b) They think they will now be able to leave Freetown.
(c) That they did not have to go out.
(d) They believe in the immorality of slavery.
4. Who does Aubrey's fleet capture?
(a) None of the French ships.
(b) Three frigates and a transport.
(c) Only the flag ship.
(d) Four transports and the flag ship.
5. Who does Aubrey contemplate leaving behind?
(d) The Thames.
6. What does the Ringle find when it arrives at The Berlings?
(a) Sir Blaine has been calling on Aubrey to find Maturin.
(b) Aubery had to go to Sophie, who is having a difficult birthing.
(c) Sir Blaine has gone missing.
(d) Aubrey is putting the fleet through its paces.
7. What does Aubrey hope to do concerning the ship that is spotted?
(a) Capture it.
(b) Follow it to the rendezvous point.
(c) Sink it.
(d) Help it off the reef in exchange for information.
8. On whose ship is Whewell?
(a) Captain Jones.
(b) Captain Thomas.
(c) Captain Howards.
9. What does Square agree to do?
(a) Take a message to the capitol.
(b) Show Stephen where some suspected French spies are,.
(c) Act as a guide for Stephen.
(d) Go undercover for Stephen.
10. What does the Aurora escort back to Freetown the next morning?
(a) A whaling vessel.
(b) A ship of British prisoners freed from a French frigate.
(c) A number of captured slavers.
(d) The most notorious slaver in the area.
11. Who is William Smith?
(a) Maturin's assistant.
(b) The cook's assistant.
(c) The cook.
(d) A bosun's mate.
12. What does Aubrey think about the fighting condition of the fleet?
(a) It is excellent.
(b) It worse than deplorable.
(c) It is poor.
(d) It is acceptable.
13. What is the ship that Ringle spots doing?
(a) Dumping its slaves overboard.
(b) Escorting two other ships.
(d) Gunnery practice.
14. From what does Maturin say Mr. Gray is suffering?
(c) Some sort of attack of the stone.
15. What does Stately require in order to get to Bantry?
(a) A new mast.
(b) More crew.
(c) A tow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name does Stephen think is mentioned in the message?
2. What does Sophie suspect incorrectly about Clarissa?
3. What is the Theban Legion:?
4. What is Philip's Island?
5. When had Diana fled to where she now is?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)