|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen wonder about his use of cocoa leaves?
(a) It may have attenuated his disease.
(b) It may have something in it that makes him more prone to mosquitoes biting.
(c) It may have weakened his immune system.
(d) It may be an addiction.
2. Why was Sophie upset about a dress she wore to a dinner?
(a) Clarissa made a rude remark about the dresss.
(b) Jack failed to comment on the dress.
(c) The dress was made of some material that was flawed.
(d) Clarissa had a dress of the same material.
3. How will the fleet get to the North Atlantic quickly?
(a) Rounding Cape Horn.
(b) Traveling the great circle.
(c) Catching the trades.
(d) Cutting through Gibraltar.
4. Who does Aubrey contemplate leaving behind?
(c) The Thames.
5. What does Maturin tell Smith?
(a) How to treat Maturin if Maturin is sick.
(b) To go get Captain Aubrey.
(c) To ask the tribal shaman to come on board.
(d) Maturin needs some quinine from onshore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen say to the villagers?
2. Who does Aubrey's fleet capture?
3. How does the operation on Mr. Gray go?
4. What officers fight at dinner?
5. Why is Maturin excited to hear Coleman and Brigid?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)