|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
(a) Take Brigid to his sister's home.
(b) Deal with Mrs. Williams.
(c) Take Brigid to her mother in Ireland.
(d) Teach Brigid to ride a pony.
2. Where does Clarissa Oakes live?
(a) With the Blaine family.
(b) With Maturin's wife.
(c) In London with Mrs. Broad.
(d) On Aubrey's country estate.
3. What does Stephen ask his Kroomen guide?
(a) About the crocodiles.
(b) About the local flora and fauna.
(c) About some medicines.
(d) About their medical shamens.
4. What is Aubrey's commander's response?
(a) They will add four 12 pounders.
(b) That they have no 20 pounders to spare.
(c) To get Thomas up to par.
(d) The Thames was just in drydock.
5. Why is Aubrey in a foul mood when Maturin sees him?
(a) His ships' performances are not up to Aubrey's standards.
(b) Sophie still has not delivered.
(c) The supplies are not yet loaded on all the ships in the squadron.
(d) His first mate is ill and his best gunner's mate has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gifford characterize William Duff?
2. Who does Maturin first visit upon arrival in London?
3. What does Maturin decide to do about Coleman and Oates?
4. How do Dundas and Aubrey know each other?
5. Who is Mr. Houmouzios?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)