|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stately require in order to get to Bantry?
(a) More crew.
(c) A new mast.
(d) A tow.
2. How does Gifford characterize William Duff?
(a) As a pederast.
(b) As timid.
(c) As anxiety ridden.
(d) As cruel.
3. What does Maturin believe cocoa leaves medicate?
4. With what does Stephen return from his excusion on the Sinon?
(a) An elderly man who knows the area.
(b) Two young girls.
(c) Numerous samples.
(d) A Roman artifact.
5. Who is William Smith?
(a) A bosun's mate.
(b) Maturin's assistant.
(c) The cook's assistant.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin think may be wrong with him?
2. Why does Captain Thomas become defensive?
3. What does Maturin talk about most concerning his time on the Ringle?
4. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
5. How is Captain Thomas' ship described?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)