|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie send to bring Maturin to the party?
(c) She goes herself.
2. What does Jack do in the channel when they arrive in Freetown?
(a) Erect a blockade.
(b) He comes in very quietly.
(c) Ship maneuvers.
(d) Sink the Nancy.
3. What does Pullings say to Maturin about Captain Thomas and gun practice?
(a) Thomas understaffs his gun emplacements.
(b) Thomas does not use the allotted powder for practice.
(c) Thomas' guns are in terrible condition.
(d) Thomas does not put his best me at the guns.
4. What does Maturin hope England will not do?
(a) Ignore Ireland's needs and just plunder the country.
(b) Repeal the French invasion of Ireland.
(c) Refuse to recognize Ireland as part of the British commonwealth.
(d) Use the planned French invasion of Ireland as an excuse to annex Ireland.
5. How is the high-place traitor described?
(a) As a woman who works in a house of ill repute.
(b) As a man who is a master at disguise.
(c) As a man disguised as an elderly gardner.
(d) As a man with a limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two men apologize to each other?
2. What does Stephen ask his Kroomen guide?
3. What ship do Aubrey and Maturin board the next morning?
4. What are Jack's orders when he opens them just before leaving The Berlings?
5. What is Philip's Island?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)