|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what game did Dundas once beat Aubrey?
2. Under what circumstances does Maturin say Ireland is better off under English rule?
(a) If Ireland is unable to govern herself.
(b) If Ireland receives the full benefits of citizenship.
(c) If Ireland is allowed to self govern.
(d) If England will allow the Irish to sit in Parliament.
3. Of what is Morley guilty?
(a) Applying a double standard to his wife's behavior.
(b) Being too generous.
(c) Poor fiscal managment.
(d) Collaborating unintentionally with a traitor.
4. What has Captain Dundas suggested several times?
(a) That the Ringle divest of some of her crew for Surprise.
(b) The faster ships go ahead and move at their speed and leave Berenice.
(c) That Berenice go on ahead since she is so much faster than Ringle or Surprise.
(d) That the Surprise be dry docked for repairs.
5. How does Jack learn of the Irish invasion?
(a) From Maturin.
(b) When he captures a French spy on board one of the vessels.
(c) When he captures a French frigate.
(d) When he opens his orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do in the channel when they arrive in Freetown?
2. What does Mrs. Williams try to tell Aubrey about Diana?
3. What does Aubrey do in response to his children's pleas?
4. What does Maturin wish he had brought with him?
5. What happens concerning Mr. Gray before the fleet gets underway?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)