|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maturin's response to Blaine's subtle hint?
(a) That Blaine knows that Maturin is no traitor.
(b) He isn't interested in any promotion that would pull him off sea duty.
(c) He is not willing to kill Habachtsthal.
(d) That he has already moved his daughter to safety.
2. Why is Aubrey upset about Sophie's actions when he was gone?
(a) He thinks she is taking the advice of a man he distrusts.
(b) He thinks she relies on her brother too much.
(c) He thinks she is too emotional when she makes a decision.
(d) He thinks she is trying to take his place as head of the household.
3. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
(a) Gives Dundas his second-best sword.
(b) Asks for a rematch.
(c) Challenges Dundas to a duel.
(d) Leaves Dundas in port when the ship sails.
4. Who is Heneage Dundas?
(a) The captain of the Berenice.
(b) Beagle's Captain.
(c) Surprise's First Mate.
(d) Jack Aubrey's second in command.
5. What does Aubrey confer upon Whewell?
(a) A medal.
(c) A field commission.
(d) A certificate of cooperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might the high-placed traitor make things difficult for Padeen Coleman and Clarissa Oakes?
2. What ship do Aubrey and Maturin board the next morning?
3. How is the Surprise damaged?
4. Who arrives to meet with Maturin?
5. Of what does the bulk of Maturin's assets consist?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)