|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Maturin has seen Brigid?
(a) A couple years.
(b) A few months.
(c) He just saw her about two weeks earlier.
(d) He has never seen her.
2. Why does Jack have Ballona repeat a drill for the other ships in the squadron to witness?
(a) The Ballona is quite good at the exercise.
(b) He refuses to repeat the drill and says the other ships will have to do it on their own.
(c) So the other Captains feel ashamed.
(d) So the Ballona's relatively inexperienced crew can get more practice time.
3. What does Maturin give Sir Blaine?
(a) A note from a British spy in France.
(b) A bottle of laudanum.
(c) Coca leaves.
(d) A torn letter that partially implicates the spy they are searching for.
4. How does Maturin react to Gifford's concerns?
(a) Maturin says he will talk with Duff.
(b) Maturin says he will talk with Aubrey.
(c) Maturin dismisses them.
(d) Maturin says that Gifford should talk with Duff.
5. How does Aubrey respond to Maturin's request?
(a) Aubrey agrees to the request with little questioning.
(b) Aubrey says Maturin is needed too badly for the mission and he cannot let Maturin go.
(c) Aubrey says he will have to ask his superior.
(d) Aubrey says he cannot offer him Ringle, but Maturin can take Surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the operation on Mr. Gray go?
2. Which ship is having trouble keeping up with the rest of the fleet?
3. Why does Captain Thomas become defensive?
4. Where will the French squadron really sail for?
5. What does Maturin say both Jack and Sophie must do?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)