|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Thomas treat his crew?
(a) He is unfair.
(b) He treats them as friends.
(c) He is lax with them.
(d) He pushes them extremely hard.
2. What does Maturin's caller want?
(a) To warn Maturin.
(b) To ask that he meet his wife in London.
(c) To give him a message from Sir Blaine.
(d) To ask about Brigid's schooling.
3. Who is Lalla?
(a) Aubrey's cook.
(b) A young girl who is watching Brigid.
(c) Maturin's mare.
(d) Maturin's cook.
4. How does Aubrey respond to Dundas' request?
(a) Aubrey says he can only spare one crewmember.
(b) Aubrey says Surprise is not returning to England.
(c) Aubrey says Sohpie's sister has recently married.
(d) Aubrey gives him some of Surprise's prize money.
5. Why are Dundas and Aubrey once flogged?
(a) For dueling.
(b) For oversleeping after getting drunk.
(c) Only Dundas was flogged.
(d) For being late to return from shore leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship weighs anchor at Shelmerston?
2. What is Maturin's response to Blaine's subtle hint?
3. Under what circumstances does Maturin say Ireland is better off under English rule?
4. What is said about Clarissa Oakes?
5. What does Aubrey point out through his telescope?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)