|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Maturin has seen Brigid?
(a) He just saw her about two weeks earlier.
(b) A couple years.
(c) He has never seen her.
(d) A few months.
2. What does Maturin do when he talks to Mrs. Williams?
(a) Tells her she is not immune to being arrested if she persists.
(b) Asks her very kindly to leave Clarissa alone.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Nothing more than asks her consideration of his daughter.
3. Who is Heneage Dundas?
(a) Surprise's First Mate.
(b) Beagle's Captain.
(c) Jack Aubrey's second in command.
(d) The captain of the Berenice.
4. What does Pullings say to Maturin about Captain Thomas and gun practice?
(a) Thomas' guns are in terrible condition.
(b) Thomas does not use the allotted powder for practice.
(c) Thomas does not put his best me at the guns.
(d) Thomas understaffs his gun emplacements.
5. What bothers Maturin on the ship?
(a) The sick berth.
(b) His living quarters.
(c) The squalor of the kitchen.
(d) The lack of ventilation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Captain Thomas refuse to speak to Maturin soon after the dinner starts?
2. Where would Dundas end up if he returns to England empty handed?
3. What does Mrs. Williams try to tell Aubrey about Diana?
4. Why is Maturin excited to hear Coleman and Brigid?
5. With whom does Mrs. Williams insinuate that Diana is having an affair?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)