|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Maturin hire a man named Pratt?
(a) To try to find Diana.
(b) To build a new stall for Brigid's pony.
(c) To confront the man who is harassing Clarissa.
(d) To re-roof the barn.
2. What does Mrs. Williams try to tell Aubrey about Diana?
(a) Diana's behavior.
(b) Diana's pregnancy.
(c) That Diana is practically destitute.
(d) That Diana is distraught at Maturin not coming home.
3. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
(a) Take Brigid to her mother in Ireland.
(b) Deal with Mrs. Williams.
(c) Take Brigid to his sister's home.
(d) Teach Brigid to ride a pony.
4. What ship weighs anchor at Shelmerston?
5. What does Aubrey point out through his telescope?
(a) A new star that Aubrey just found.
(b) The young age of the sailors on many of his ships.
(c) Several of the ships of his new squadron.
(d) A new star Aubrey has just found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Maturin say Ireland is better off under English rule?
2. What ship do Aubrey and Maturin board the next morning?
3. How is the Surprise damaged?
4. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
5. About what does Sophie speak to Maturin?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)