|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
(a) Gives Dundas his second-best sword.
(b) Leaves Dundas in port when the ship sails.
(c) Challenges Dundas to a duel.
(d) Asks for a rematch.
2. How is the Surprise damaged?
(a) Grounding on some shoals.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) A fight with an American frigate and bad weather.
(d) Fight against a French privateer.
3. From what is Aubrey recovering?
(a) A sword slash across his chest.
(b) A fall from his horse.
(c) The ague.
(d) A bad cold.
4. What commodity does Thunderer lack?
5. What does Mrs. Williams' snide remark concern about Aubrey's uniform?
(a) That she is surprised Aubrey rises above a Captain's rank.
(b) She is silent when Aubrey dons his uniform.
(c) That it should be a Commodore rather than Rear Admiral uniform.
(d) That Aubrey is getting too heavy for his uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aubrey's three children race to tell him?
2. What relation is Diana to Mrs. Williams?
3. Who does Maturin first visit upon arrival in London?
4. What does Dundas ask of Aubrey when he is aboard Surprise?
5. At what game did Dundas once beat Aubrey?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)