|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dundas ask of Aubrey when he is aboard Surprise?
(a) A loan.
(b) A couple crewmembers for temporary duty.
(c) To deliver a letter.
(d) To introduce Dundas to Sophie's sister.
2. Why do Ringle and Surprise stay with Berenice?
(a) Dundas is under suspicion of treason.
(b) To protect Berenice.
(c) As a courtesy.
(d) Dundas is the Admiral's flagship.
3. What does Maturin give Sir Blaine?
(a) A torn letter that partially implicates the spy they are searching for.
(b) A note from a British spy in France.
(c) A bottle of laudanum.
(d) Coca leaves.
4. Under what circumstances does Maturin say Ireland is better off under English rule?
(a) If Ireland is unable to govern herself.
(b) If Ireland is allowed to self govern.
(c) If Ireland receives the full benefits of citizenship.
(d) If England will allow the Irish to sit in Parliament.
5. For what does Maturin hire a man named Pratt?
(a) To re-roof the barn.
(b) To try to find Diana.
(c) To build a new stall for Brigid's pony.
(d) To confront the man who is harassing Clarissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Heneage Dundas?
2. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
3. What does Maturin do when he talks to Mrs. Williams?
4. Why is Maturin excited to hear Coleman and Brigid?
5. How does Aubrey respond to Dundas' request?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)