|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship weighs anchor at Shelmerston?
2. From what is Aubrey recovering?
(a) A sword slash across his chest.
(b) A bad cold.
(c) The ague.
(d) A fall from his horse.
3. What do Dundas and Aubrey once do at a water stop when they are young men?
(a) Swim in a river with crocodiles.
(b) Duel with swords.
(c) Sneak a woman on board.
(d) Force the entire crew to bathe.
4. Who are Sarah and Emily?
(a) Two Melanesian girls Maturin rescued.
(b) Maturin's wife and daughter.
(c) Sir Blaine's new twin nieces.
(d) Aubrey's new twin daughters.
5. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
(a) Asks for a rematch.
(b) Gives Dundas his second-best sword.
(c) Challenges Dundas to a duel.
(d) Leaves Dundas in port when the ship sails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commodity does Thunderer lack?
2. How long has it been since Maturin has seen Brigid?
3. Why do Ringle and Surprise stay with Berenice?
4. Why are general quarters sounded when Aubrey and Dundas are still talking?
5. Where does Clarissa Oakes live?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)