|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maturin willing to do concerning Sarah and Emily?
(a) Have his wife hold a baptism party.
(b) Stand for their doweries.
(c) Only visit them briefly.
(d) Stand as godfather to them.
2. What does Dundas ask of Aubrey when he is aboard Surprise?
(a) A couple crewmembers for temporary duty.
(b) To introduce Dundas to Sophie's sister.
(c) A loan.
(d) To deliver a letter.
3. How might the high-placed traitor make things difficult for Padeen Coleman and Clarissa Oakes?
(a) He cannot harm either person.
(b) He might try to blackmail them.
(c) He might block their pardons.
(d) He might set them up for assassination.
4. What is said about Clarissa Oakes?
(a) That she is married to Aubrey's brother.
(b) Husband is killed in the line of duty.
(c) That she is very ill.
(d) That Maturin is interested in her romantically.
5. What do Dundas and Aubrey once do at a water stop when they are young men?
(a) Force the entire crew to bathe.
(b) Sneak a woman on board.
(c) Swim in a river with crocodiles.
(d) Duel with swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin give Sir Blaine?
2. Why are general quarters sounded when Aubrey and Dundas are still talking?
3. Who does Maturin first visit upon arrival in London?
4. Who is Brigid?
5. How is the Surprise damaged?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)