|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dundas ask of Aubrey when he is aboard Surprise?
(a) To deliver a letter.
(b) A couple crewmembers for temporary duty.
(c) To introduce Dundas to Sophie's sister.
(d) A loan.
2. What commodity does Thunderer lack?
3. Which ship is having trouble keeping up with the rest of the fleet?
(a) The Loon.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Ringle.
(d) The Bellona.
4. Who are Sarah and Emily?
(a) Two Melanesian girls Maturin rescued.
(b) Aubrey's new twin daughters.
(c) Sir Blaine's new twin nieces.
(d) Maturin's wife and daughter.
5. Why is one of the slave vessels considered pirates?
(a) They have unlicensed crew members.
(b) They are doing something illegal.
(c) They fire upon the British.
(d) They have no registry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey's commander's response?
2. What does Maturin believe cocoa leaves medicate?
3. What does Aubrey confer upon Whewell?
4. Who is Parson Hinksey?
5. What does Pullings say to Maturin about Captain Thomas and gun practice?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)