|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Maturin say Ireland is better off under English rule?
(a) If Ireland is allowed to self govern.
(b) If England will allow the Irish to sit in Parliament.
(c) If Ireland is unable to govern herself.
(d) If Ireland receives the full benefits of citizenship.
2. What does Maturin hear Padeen Coleman doing with Brigid?
(a) Teaching her Irish.
(b) Teaching her numbers.
(c) Playing peekaboo.
(d) Playing hide and seek.
3. Why are Dundas and Aubrey once flogged?
(a) For being late to return from shore leave.
(b) For dueling.
(c) For oversleeping after getting drunk.
(d) Only Dundas was flogged.
4. What relation is Diana to Mrs. Williams?
5. What does Mrs. Williams' snide remark concern about Aubrey's uniform?
(a) She is silent when Aubrey dons his uniform.
(b) That Aubrey is getting too heavy for his uniforms.
(c) That she is surprised Aubrey rises above a Captain's rank.
(d) That it should be a Commodore rather than Rear Admiral uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey do as a result of losing?
2. What ship weighs anchor at Shelmerston?
3. Who is Heneage Dundas?
4. Where does Clarissa Oakes live?
5. How is the Surprise damaged?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)