|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Captain Thomas refuse to speak to Maturin soon after the dinner starts?
(a) Thomas learns that Maturin is Aubrey's best friend.
(b) Thomas learns Maturin is not a captain.
(c) Thomas learns Maturin is Irish.
(d) Maturin picks up the wrong spoon at some point.
2. Why is Maturin excited to hear Coleman and Brigid?
(a) To hear Brigid laugh.
(b) To realize that Coleman is such a kind man.
(c) To realize that Brigid learns very quickly.
(d) To realize that Brigid can speak.
3. What of Maturin's is in danger?
(a) His research notes.
(b) His position.
(c) His collections from his travels.
(d) His assets.
4. What does Maturin give Mr. Gray?
(a) Castor oil.
5. Who is Mr. Hinkley?
(a) Maturin's lawyer.
(b) Aubrey's overseer.
(c) Emily and Sarah's guardian.
(d) Mrs. Broad's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blaine hint at to Maturin?
2. About whom does Mrs. Williams say about a man has been making inquiries?
3. To where will the French squadron that departs from Lorient be ostensibly bound?
4. What does Sophie do in a rage when she and Jack fight?
5. Why is Aubrey upset about Sophie's actions when he was gone?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)