|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey do in response to his children's pleas?
(a) Jumps his horse over a small tree that has fallen over.
(b) Swings them all on his horse.
(c) Goes inside to try on his uniform.
(d) Reassures them that their mother is just bringing them a new brother or sister.
2. Who are Sarah and Emily?
(a) Maturin's wife and daughter.
(b) Sir Blaine's new twin nieces.
(c) Two Melanesian girls Maturin rescued.
(d) Aubrey's new twin daughters.
3. What do Bonden and Killick discuss in secret?
(b) The upcoming assignment.
(c) A business scheme.
4. Why is Aubrey pleased to hear the Laurel will be joining his squadron?
(a) Aubrey respects Laurel's captain though he does not know the man.
(b) Aubrey taught Laurel's captain gunnery.
(c) Laurel is outfitted with heavy guns on both port and starboard.
(d) Laurel is a top of the line vessel.
5. How is the high-place traitor described?
(a) As a man with a limp.
(b) As a man disguised as an elderly gardner.
(c) As a woman who works in a house of ill repute.
(d) As a man who is a master at disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Captain Thomas characterized?
2. What does Maturin do when he talks to Mrs. Williams?
3. Who is Brigid?
4. Why does Jack have Ballona repeat a drill for the other ships in the squadron to witness?
5. Where does Maturin go after hearing the disturbing news from Blaine?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)