|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one officer of Stately believe?
(a) The discussion at dinner impugns the fighting readiness of his vessel.
(b) Homosexuality has no bearing on a ship's readiness.
(c) Homosexuals fight better than others.
(d) Homosexuals should be put to death.
2. How does Mrs. Williams feel about her recent conversation with Clarissa?
(a) That Clarissa was cold.
(b) That Clarissa was warm and charming.
(c) That Clarissa was being evasive.
(d) That Clarissa is too naive.
3. What do Aubrey's three children race to tell him?
(a) That their mother is ill.
(b) That Dr. Maturin is waiting for him.
(c) That his Admiral's uniform has arrived.
(d) That their mother has gone to London.
4. What does Maturin tell Clarissa he will do?
(a) Take Brigid to her mother in Ireland.
(b) Teach Brigid to ride a pony.
(c) Take Brigid to his sister's home.
(d) Deal with Mrs. Williams.
5. What does the Aurora escort back to Freetown the next morning?
(a) A ship of British prisoners freed from a French frigate.
(b) A whaling vessel.
(c) The most notorious slaver in the area.
(d) A number of captured slavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Maturin on the ship?
2. Who is leaving the Commodore's office when Stephen arrives?
3. How does Aubrey respond to Maturin's request?
4. What are Jack's orders?
5. Who does Stephen mention in defense of homosexuals?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)