|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin wish he had brought with him?
(a) Cocoa leaves.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
2. What does Maturin do when he talks to Mrs. Williams?
(a) Tells her she is not immune to being arrested if she persists.
(b) Asks her very kindly to leave Clarissa alone.
(c) Nothing more than asks her consideration of his daughter.
(d) Threatens her.
3. Who is Bob Morley?
(a) Aubrey's longtime nemesis.
(b) A retired Rear Admiral.
(c) An old friend of both Aubrey and Maturin.
(d) Maturin's longtime nemesis.
4. Why does Stephen not go ashore in Freetown with Square?
(a) The mosquitoes are too bad.
(b) There is too much illness ashore.
(c) Square cannot take him into the interior yet.
(d) Aubrey tells Stephen they are leaving Freetown.
5. What does Mr. Whewell describe for Jack and Stephen?
(a) The organization of the local villages.
(b) How to surprise the slavers.
(c) The raids.
(d) The reason for slave trades among various tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey do in response to his children's pleas?
2. What does a messenger say about Pyramus the next morning?
3. What does Stephen ask his Kroomen guide?
4. How does Aubrey respond to Maturin's request?
5. To where will the French squadron that departs from Lorient be ostensibly bound?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)