|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lalla?
(a) Maturin's cook.
(b) Aubrey's cook.
(c) A young girl who is watching Brigid.
(d) Maturin's mare.
2. About what does Aubrey express anxiety?
(a) His new command.
(b) If Surprise will be large enough to serve as the flag vessel.
(c) Sophie delivering at her age.
(d) Sophie having to deal with her mother day in and out.
3. How does Mrs. Williams feel about her recent conversation with Clarissa?
(a) That Clarissa was being evasive.
(b) That Clarissa is too naive.
(c) That Clarissa was warm and charming.
(d) That Clarissa was cold.
4. What does Square agree to do?
(a) Show Stephen where some suspected French spies are,.
(b) Take a message to the capitol.
(c) Go undercover for Stephen.
(d) Act as a guide for Stephen.
5. Where is Maturin almost overtaken while riding?
(a) Near the gallows.
(b) At the docks.
(c) On the edge of the woods of his estate.
(d) At the Thames river bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen ask of Mr. Houmouzios?
2. About whom does Mrs. Williams say about a man has been making inquiries?
3. What does Aubrey do in response to his children's pleas?
4. Who is Bob Morley?
5. Who does Stephen mention in defense of homosexuals?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)