|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Searching for Solutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2: "Health Transition," the efforts to eradicate _______ actually made the disease more rampant.
(c) Swine Flu.
(d) The Black Typhus.
2. What country sought to improve its own infrastructures with little funding, relying instead on education?
(d) The Soviet Union.
3. In what year did seals begin to die in mass numbers, signaling a new disease?
4. The first epidemic of Legionnaires' disease occurred during what month in the year 1976?
5. French and Belgium scientists began to suspect the AIDS disease was a virus with what origins?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was penicillin first discovered?
2. What is a potentially fatal illness caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes?
3. Laurie Garrett earned her undergraduate degree in biology from what institution?
4. The outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in 1976 forced through the bills regarding _____________.
5. What concept stated that as nations moved out of poverty and basic needs were met, scientists could use pharmaceutical and chemical tools to wipe out parasites, bacteria, and viruses?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)