|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Searching for Solutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country had further issues with the AIDS epidemic in that two separate strains of the disease were erupting?
(c) El Salvador.
2. Maridi is a town located in what country?
(a) South Sudan.
(d) The Democratic Republic of the Congo.
3. What is a virus that is duplicated in a host cell using the reverse transcriptase enzyme to produce DNA from its RNA genome?
(b) Slow virus.
4. The term antibiotic was coined by whom?
(a) Steven Lyman.
(b) Gerald Kimbel.
(c) Selman Waksman.
(d) Roger Jamsek.
5. What refers to the disease fighting white blood cells that help the immune system fight off infection?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was treating Bernhard Mandrella for the Lassa virus when he met Kent Campbell?
2. A WHO research team discovered all the original patients of the mystery disease had handled monkeys from ___________.
3. When Johnson and MacKenzie became ill in Chapter 1: "Machupo," they were saved by a doctor who knew to drastically increase ______________.
4. Where did Adam Cargill go after being released from a holding facility in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4: "Into the Woods," the author writes that Uwe Brinkmann, Bernhard Mandrella, Adam Cargill, and three nurses were taken to an isolated facility in which location?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)