|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Thirdworldization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nucleoside analog reverse-transcriptase inhibitor used for the treatment of HIV/AIDS?
2. Yambuku is a small village in the Mongala District of what current country?
(a) South Sudan.
(d) The Democratic Republic of the Congo.
3. How many deaths were reported from the first epidemic of Legionnaires' disease in 1976?
4. By what year did the World Bank see the need for better health care in poorly developed countries?
5. Bernhard Mandrella treated a coworker and sent blood which confirmed the Lassa virus to __________.
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CDC.
(c) The WHO.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept stated that as nations moved out of poverty and basic needs were met, scientists could use pharmaceutical and chemical tools to wipe out parasites, bacteria, and viruses?
2. In what year did a type of swine flu strike in Texas simultaneously with another less deadly strain?
3. In what year did the worst flu epidemic in the twentieth century strike, killing millions?
4. The yellow fever epidemic was rampant in areas of West Africa and was spread by what insect?
5. In Chapter 10: "Distant Thunder," the author writes that Harvey Milk was assassinated in what year?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)