|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Thirdworldization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book's Preface, the author writes that the vulnerability of the world is increased due to which of the following?
(a) Decreased populations.
(b) Isolation of populations.
(c) Modern travel.
(d) Human evolution.
2. Where did Uwe Brinkmann go after being released from a holding facility in Chapter 4?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Marburg, Germany.
(c) Hamburg, Germany.
(d) Sussex, England.
3. When does the author write that the Institute of Medicine convened a panel to discuss the severity of a microbial threat to United States citizens in the Introduction?
4. When was the CDC founded?
5. The Uganda-Tanzania War took place during what years?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Black Plague reached its peak in Europe between what years?
2. Chapter 9: "Microbe Magnets" explains that prior to ___________ large cities were rare, and most of the illness threats were parasitic.
3. Karl Johnson's team placed ___________ across the village of San Joaquin in order to help eradicate the Manchupo virus in Chapter 1: "Machupo."
4. The epidemics of what disease increased due to the Aswan High Dam inhibiting the natural fluctuations in water height?
5. A study in Africa related to TB showed its decrease was likely due to what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)