|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Thirdworldization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl Johnson's team placed ___________ across the village of San Joaquin in order to help eradicate the Manchupo virus in Chapter 1: "Machupo."
(c) Mouse traps.
2. Near what United States city is the CDC headquartered?
(a) Atlanta, GA.
(b) Seattle, WA.
(c) Albany, NY.
(d) Phoenix, AZ.
3. Ron MacKenzie and what ecologist arrived in San Joaquin, where the locals believed the Bolivian virus was born, in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
(a) Don Francis.
(b) Merl Kuns.
(c) Jordi Casals.
(d) Peter Piot.
4. The epidemics of what disease increased due to the Aswan High Dam inhibiting the natural fluctuations in water height?
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) Swine Flu.
5. Joe McCormick was dispatched to what location to investigate the epidemic of the Ebola virus?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Republic of Liberia is located on what continent?
2. In what year did the CDC call the first International AIDS Conference?
3. When was penicillin first discovered?
4. East and West Germany merged in what year, causing AIDS to strike fiercely?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 5: "Yambuku," the author describes a man in Yambuku who was treated for an illness like _____________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)