|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: American Bicentennial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. DNA consists of two long polymers of simple units called ____________.
2. How many deaths were reported from the first epidemic of Legionnaires' disease in 1976?
3. What did Karl Johnson's team discover to be the culprit of the Bolivian disease in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
(a) Mouse urine.
(b) Bed bugs.
(c) Owl droppings.
(d) Roach feces.
4. When Johnson and MacKenzie became ill in Chapter 1: "Machupo," they were saved by a doctor who knew to drastically increase ______________.
(a) Pain killers.
5. Ron MacKenzie and what ecologist arrived in San Joaquin, where the locals believed the Bolivian virus was born, in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
(a) Jordi Casals.
(b) Merl Kuns.
(c) Peter Piot.
(d) Don Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the Preface to The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance?
2. According to the author in Chapter 6: "American Bicentennial," the CDC was being berated since how many elderly individuals died following their vaccinations for swine flu?
3. What profession did Karl Johnson's fiancee have, as described in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
4. According to the author in Chapter 2: "Health Transition," the study of parasites and tropical disease waned because in post-WWII health care, there was a shift to eradicate __________ from the planet.
5. Bernhard Mandrella treated a coworker and sent blood which confirmed the Lassa virus to __________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)