|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Microbe Magnets and Chapter 10: Distant Thunder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the initials "RNA" refer?
(a) Regenerative nerve action.
(b) Richmond Nutrition Association.
(c) Ribonucleic acid.
(d) Reflexive neurological antibodies.
2. In what year did a type of swine flu strike in Texas simultaneously with another less deadly strain?
3. DNA was first isolated by what Swiss physician?
(a) Alexander Fleming.
(b) Uwe Brinkmann.
(c) Joe McCormick.
(d) Friedrich Miescher.
4. The outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in 1976 forced through the bills regarding _____________.
(a) Swine Flu.
(c) Toxic Shock Syndrome.
(d) The Black Typhus.
5. The Great Plague of London killed approximately how many people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition that results from taking an unbalanced diet in which certain nutrients are lacking?
2. Who worked with Patricia Webb on the Ebola virus in the CDC's laboratory?
3. In what year did the Great Plague hit London?
4. What was the name of Karl Johnson's fiancee who became ill after visiting him in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
5. In Chapter 6: "American Bicentennial," the author writes that the influenza virus developed mutation strategies that made ___________ nearly impossible.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)