|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Microbe Magnets and Chapter 10: Distant Thunder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leprosy has affected humanity for over how many years?
2. Maridi is a town located in what country?
(a) South Sudan.
(d) The Democratic Republic of the Congo.
3. Soon after the first outbreak described in Chapter 5: "Yambuku," another outbreak was seen at the hospital in what location?
4. What term refers to a disease created as a result of medical treatment?
5. In the United States, the tuberculosis crisis peaked in 1830 and what other year?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 6: "American Bicentennial," the CDC was being berated since how many elderly individuals died following their vaccinations for swine flu?
2. Ron MacKenzie and what ecologist arrived in San Joaquin, where the locals believed the Bolivian virus was born, in Chapter 1: "Machupo"?
3. Legionnaires' disease acquired its name when an outbreak of pneumonia occurred among people attending a convention in what city?
4. How many deaths were reported from the first epidemic of Legionnaires' disease in 1976?
5. In 1967, an outbreak of an unknown virus occurred in which location?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)