Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary propose amputating Colin's arms and legs?
2. What Italian custom does Robert engage in while walking through the street with Colin?
3. What condition does Caroline tell Mary she must meet before she will disclose how she hurt her back?
4. Why does Mary leave the morgue?
5. What does Caroline find unusual about Mary's place of employment?
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes The Comfort of Strangers explores is loss and confusion. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
The gallery in Robert's apartment plays an important role in the novel. It serves as a symbol on many levels. Discuss the significance of the gallery in the novel. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Select the most sympathetic and least sympathetic characters in the novel. Write an essay:
1) describing why you think each is sympathetic/not sympathetic
2) defend your position using details from the novel
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)