|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin play "Ha Ha Ha" on the jukebox?
(a) He knows the bar's patrons enjoy it.
(b) He enjoyed hearing the song during his last visit.
(c) He wants to impress Robert.
(d) It is the only song he recognizes the name of.
2. What does Robert focus on as he gives Colin a tour of his gallery?
(a) Where he and Caroline purchased the items in the gallery
(b) The historical significance of each item in the gallery
(c) The relationship between the men in his family and the items in the gallery
(d) The cost of each item in the gallery
3. Which of the following is NOT an activity that Mary and Colin engage in in this chapter?
(a) Spending the day at the beach
(b) Spending many hours in bed
(c) Smoking marijuana on the balcony
(d) Having long discussions about their lives
4. Why does Colin quickly swim out to Mary?
(a) He believes she is trying to get away from him.
(b) He wants to apologize to her.
(c) He believes she is drowning.
(d) He wants to make love to her in the ocean.
5. What does Caroline implore Colin to do when he and Mary prepare to leave her home?
(a) Stay at home overnight
(b) Stay in touch when they return to England
(c) Kiss her goodnight
(d) Come back to visit again
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do as she sits with Colin's body?
2. What does Robert maintain hold of as he and Colin walk through the gallery?
3. What Italian custom does Robert engage in while walking through the street with Colin?
4. How does Robert characterize his relationship with Colin to the men they encounter?
5. What causes Robert and Caroline's intimate relationship to become violent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene between Robert and Mary at the bookcase.
2. Describe the process of Mary realizing that Colin was in the photograph at Robert's apartment
3. Why do Mary and Colin leave late for the beach? What is the motivation behind their change of plans?
4. What do Robert and Caroline initially do to Colin? How does he prevent this?
5. What does Mary discover in the apartment when she awakens?
6. What is wrong with Mary at the beginning of this chapter? What does Caroline tell Colin is wrong with her? What does Colin think they need to do?
7. What does Colin confess to Mary as they are sitting on the beach? How does Mary react?
8. How do Mary and Caroline's views on theatre differ? How are they the same?
9. Why does Robert hold Colin's hand as they walk to the bar? What does he tell people about their relationship?
10. Describe the scene when Mary awakens with a shout in the middle of the night.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)