|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do for a living?
(a) He is a singer.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He owns a bar.
(d) He is a director.
2. What does Robert focus on as he gives Colin a tour of his gallery?
(a) Where he and Caroline purchased the items in the gallery
(b) The relationship between the men in his family and the items in the gallery
(c) The cost of each item in the gallery
(d) The historical significance of each item in the gallery
3. Who owned Robert's home before he and his wife moved there?
(a) His grandfather
(b) The Italian prime minister
(c) His father
(d) An Englishman
4. How does Caroline's face become injured?
(a) Colin pushes her away from him.
(b) She tries to come between Robert and Colin as they fight.
(c) Mary hits her in the face.
(d) Robert hits her in the face.
5. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
(c) The United States
6. How did Caroline's back become injured?
(a) An incompetent surgeon broke her back.
(b) Robert broke her back to punish her for cheating on him.
(c) Caroline fell down the stairs to her apartment.
(d) Robert broke her back while the two were having sex.
7. Why does Mary fall asleep in Caroline and Robert's apartment?
(a) She has sunstroke.
(b) She is tired from not sleeping for several days.
(c) Robert has drugged her.
(d) Caroline has drugged her.
8. What does Caroline implore Colin to do when he and Mary prepare to leave her home?
(a) Come back to visit again
(b) Kiss her goodnight
(c) Stay in touch when they return to England
(d) Stay at home overnight
9. What prevents Mary from saving Colin's life?
(a) Robert restrains Mary.
(b) Caroline has tied Mary to a chair.
(c) Mary believes Colin would have wanted to die this way.
(d) The drug that Caroline put in Mary's tea makes her fall asleep.
10. Why does Mary propose amputating Colin's arms and legs?
(a) To save his life after he contracts a disease.
(b) To keep him prisoner so she can have sex with him.
(c) To punish him for allowing Robert to enter their lives.
(d) To make a cruel and sadistic joke at his expense.
11. Which of the following is NOT a "willfully clumsy" detail of Colin's murder (according to the policeman)?
(a) Robert and Caroline leaving Mary alive as a witness
(b) Robert and Caroline traveling on their own passports.
(c) Robert and Caroline booking their own flights.
(d) Robert and Caroline leaving the razor behind.
12. What does Mary do as she sits with Colin's body?
(a) Cries incessantly
(b) Tells him what Caroline confessed to her
(c) Repeats his name out loud
(d) Fixes his hair and holds his hand
13. What does Robert tell Colin he looks like when he enters the room after showering and dressing?
(a) A nightmare
(b) A Greek god
(c) An angel
(d) His father
14. What does Robert do to Colin that surprises him?
(a) Suggests Colin seduce Caroline
(b) Gives him one of his mementos of his father
(c) Punches him in the stomach
(d) Kisses him
15. What Italian custom does Robert engage in while walking through the street with Colin?
(a) He holds Colin's hand.
(b) He kisses Colin on both cheeks.
(c) He offers to show Colin around the city.
(d) He walks behind Colin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary realize that frightens her?
2. What does Robert do at the beginning of this chapter to mark the change in his relationship with Mary and Colin?
3. Why does Colin insist on leaving the apartment with Mary?
4. What does Caroline do to Colin's lips?
5. Which of the following is NOT an activity that Mary and Colin engage in in this chapter?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)