|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline implore Colin to do when he and Mary prepare to leave her home?
(a) Stay in touch when they return to England
(b) Stay at home overnight
(c) Kiss her goodnight
(d) Come back to visit again
2. How do Mary and Colin act towards one another as they approach their destination?
(a) They do not look at one another.
(b) They hold hands.
(c) They begin kissing.
(d) They speak softly to each other.
3. Why does Colin insist on leaving the apartment with Mary?
(a) They must check out of their hotel and catch their flight to London.
(b) He becomes frightened by Robert's behavior.
(c) He believes she is ill.
(d) He and Mary have caught sunstroke.
4. What condition does Caroline tell Mary she must meet before she will disclose how she hurt her back?
(a) She must tell Caroline all about her relationship with Colin.
(b) She must tell Caroline how good the tea is.
(c) She must agree to stay for dinner.
(d) She must agree to let Caroline have sex with Colin.
5. Who does Robert insist on toasting to during dinner?
(a) Mary and Colin
(c) His father
(d) His new bar manager
6. What does Caroline say makes her feel more efficient?
(a) Wearing makeup
(b) Wearing colorful clothing
(c) Wearing white clothing
(d) Having company in her home
7. What does Caroline do to Colin's lips?
(a) She holds them closed.
(b) She rubs her blood on them.
(c) She cuts them.
(d) She kisses them.
8. Why do Mary and Colin "sicken" when they use the word "relationship"?
(a) They see it as a representation of patriarchy.
(b) They believe it does not adequately describe what exists between them.
(c) They are reminded of their parents' marriages.
(d) They are reminded of Caroline and Robert's marriage.
9. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
(a) The United States
10. How does Caroline characterize Mary and Colin as a couple?
(a) As loving
(b) As very compatible
(c) As a striking pair
(d) As complete opposites
11. Which of the following is NOT a "willfully clumsy" detail of Colin's murder (according to the policeman)?
(a) Robert and Caroline traveling on their own passports.
(b) Robert and Caroline booking their own flights.
(c) Robert and Caroline leaving Mary alive as a witness
(d) Robert and Caroline leaving the razor behind.
12. Why does Mary leave the morgue?
(a) She must catch her flight to England.
(b) A nurse insists that she leave.
(c) A police official makes her leave.
(d) She receives news that Robert and Caroline had been caught.
13. How do the Italian police seem to categorize Colin's murder?
(a) As deserved
(b) As gruesome
(c) As extremely uncommon
(d) As fairly common
14. What does Mary discover when Caroline takes her into her bedroom?
(a) Caroline is lying about her back injury.
(b) Caroline is sexually attracted to her.
(c) The wall is covered with pictures of Colin.
(d) The wall is covered with pictures of Mary.
15. In Colin's opinion, what is the mark of a successful vacation?
(a) A good suntan.
(b) The desire to move to the city you are vacationing in.
(c) The desire to return home.
(d) Making new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "apelike" teenage boy spend his time doing while at the beach?
2. Why does Mary fall asleep in Caroline and Robert's apartment?
3. Where does Mary go one morning when she awakens before Colin?
4. How does Colin initially react when Caroline and Robert begin making sexual advances towards him?
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic of discussion between Mary and Colin during this chapter?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)