|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert maintain hold of as he and Colin walk through the gallery?
(a) Colin's hand
(b) Caroline's hand
(c) One of his father's razors
(d) Colin's elbow
2. What does Caroline implore Colin to do when he and Mary prepare to leave her home?
(a) Kiss her goodnight
(b) Stay at home overnight
(c) Stay in touch when they return to England
(d) Come back to visit again
3. What has changed about Mary and Colin's relationship in this chapter?
(a) It is much more subdued.
(b) It is much more passionate.
(c) It is much more unstable.
(d) It is much more volatile.
4. What does Colin notice has changed in Robert's bar since his earlier visit?
(a) There is different music playing on the jukebox.
(b) The atmosphere is less smoky.
(c) The jukebox is no longer there.
(d) Very little has changed.
5. What prevents Mary from saving Colin's life?
(a) Robert restrains Mary.
(b) The drug that Caroline put in Mary's tea makes her fall asleep.
(c) Mary believes Colin would have wanted to die this way.
(d) Caroline has tied Mary to a chair.
6. What does Caroline find unusual about Mary's place of employment?
(a) There are only women working there.
(b) It no longer exists.
(c) There are few men working there.
(d) Mary makes more money than Colin.
7. What does Colin do for a living?
(a) He is a singer.
(b) He owns a bar.
(c) He is a director.
(d) He is an actor.
8. Why does Mary propose amputating Colin's arms and legs?
(a) To keep him prisoner so she can have sex with him.
(b) To save his life after he contracts a disease.
(c) To punish him for allowing Robert to enter their lives.
(d) To make a cruel and sadistic joke at his expense.
9. Why does Colin insist on leaving the apartment with Mary?
(a) He and Mary have caught sunstroke.
(b) They must check out of their hotel and catch their flight to London.
(c) He believes she is ill.
(d) He becomes frightened by Robert's behavior.
10. Why does Colin play "Ha Ha Ha" on the jukebox?
(a) It is the only song he recognizes the name of.
(b) He wants to impress Robert.
(c) He knows the bar's patrons enjoy it.
(d) He enjoyed hearing the song during his last visit.
11. Which of the following is NOT a topic of discussion between Mary and Colin during this chapter?
(a) Their friends
(b) Their visit to Robert and Caroline's apartment
(c) The other tourists staying in the hotel
(d) The politics of sex
12. Why is Caroline trapped in her apartment?
(a) She is wheelchair bound.
(b) She cannot walk down the stairs to leave the apartment.
(c) Robert locks her in the apartment.
(d) She cannot climb the stairs to return to the apartment if she goes out.
13. What did Robert actually intend to do when he broke Caroline's back?
(a) He intended to increase her sexual pleasure.
(b) He intended to kill Caroline.
(c) He intended to save her.
(d) He intended to mildly injure her.
14. Why does Colin quickly swim out to Mary?
(a) He wants to make love to her in the ocean.
(b) He believes she is trying to get away from him.
(c) He wants to apologize to her.
(d) He believes she is drowning.
15. Where do Mary and Colin travel to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) To the church across the river from their hotel
(b) To London
(c) To the beach
(d) To Robert and Caroline's apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
2. How does Colin initially react when Caroline and Robert begin making sexual advances towards him?
3. Where do Mary and Colin go initially after leaving the beach?
4. Why does Robert idolize his father and grandfather?
5. Which of the following is NOT an activity that Mary and Colin engage in in this chapter?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)