|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert take Colin when he and Mary arrive at the apartment?
(a) To the bedroom
(b) To his bar
(c) To the gallery
(d) To Colin's hotel room
2. Why does Mary repeat the story about the photograph to Colin while they are eating breakfast?
(a) She wants to make sure he understands the gravity of the situation.
(b) She is trying to get him to confront Robert.
(c) She wants to see what his reaction is now that it is daylight.
(d) She is not sure he listened carefully when she told the story the night before.
3. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
(c) The United States
4. What condition does Caroline tell Mary she must meet before she will disclose how she hurt her back?
(a) She must tell Caroline how good the tea is.
(b) She must agree to let Caroline have sex with Colin.
(c) She must agree to stay for dinner.
(d) She must tell Caroline all about her relationship with Colin.
5. What does Mary realize that frightens her?
(a) She and Colin must return to England soon.
(b) Robert and Colin knew each other earlier.
(c) Robert has a photograph of Colin standing on the balcony of the hotel.
(d) Robert ad Colin are in love with each other.
6. How do Mary and Colin act towards one another as they approach their destination?
(a) They hold hands.
(b) They do not look at one another.
(c) They speak softly to each other.
(d) They begin kissing.
7. Who does Robert insist on toasting to during dinner?
(a) His father
(b) Mary and Colin
(d) His new bar manager
8. Why do Mary and Colin laugh at the other tourists in the hotel cafe?
(a) They believe it is more pleasurable to spend their vacation in bed than out sightseeing.
(b) They believe they have acclimated to Venice better than the other tourists.
(c) The other tourists need a map to travel in Venice while Mary and Colin know their way around the city.
(d) Few of the other tourists speak Italian.
9. What does Caroline say makes her feel more efficient?
(a) Having company in her home
(b) Wearing white clothing
(c) Wearing makeup
(d) Wearing colorful clothing
10. What is notable about the patrons of Robert's bar on this particular night?
(a) They watch Colin with curiosity.
(b) They react negatively to the song on the jukebox.
(c) They seem angry and hostile.
(d) They are much friendlier than they were previously.
11. Where do Mary and Colin travel to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) To the beach
(b) To Robert and Caroline's apartment
(c) To the church across the river from their hotel
(d) To London
12. Why does Mary think Robert took the secret photograph of Colin?
(a) He is secretly in love with Colin.
(b) He is stalking Colin and Mary.
(c) He thinks Colin has a nice face.
(d) Caroline is in love with Colin.
13. Why does Mary fall asleep in Caroline and Robert's apartment?
(a) She is tired from not sleeping for several days.
(b) Caroline has drugged her.
(c) She has sunstroke.
(d) Robert has drugged her.
14. What does Colin describe Caroline as?
(a) A martyr
(b) A goddess
(c) A lucky woman
(d) A prisoner
15. Why does Mary leave the morgue?
(a) She receives news that Robert and Caroline had been caught.
(b) A nurse insists that she leave.
(c) A police official makes her leave.
(d) She must catch her flight to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What continually interrupts Mary and Colin's conversation at the beach?
2. Why does Colin quickly swim out to Mary?
3. Where does Mary go one morning when she awakens before Colin?
4. What has changed about Mary and Colin's relationship in this chapter?
5. What Italian custom does Robert engage in while walking through the street with Colin?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)