|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin describe Caroline as?
(a) A goddess
(b) A prisoner
(c) A martyr
(d) A lucky woman
2. How does Robert react when Colin repeatedly asks him questions about the photograph?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He patiently answers his questions.
(c) He evades the questions.
(d) He repeats his declarations of love for Colin.
3. What does Robert believe all women want?
(a) To be ruled by men
(b) To fall in love
(c) To have choices
(d) To control men
4. Who does Mary notice as she is drinking hot chocolate in the hotel cafe?
(c) An elderly couple
5. Why does Robert meet with his bar manager after he and Colin enter the bar?
(a) He wants to appear important and professional in front of Colin.
(b) He must sign some papers that the manager has.
(c) He wants to ensure the bar manager is performing his duties.
(d) He plans to fire the manager.
6. How does Colin initially react when Caroline and Robert begin making sexual advances towards him?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He willfully accepts their advances.
(c) He is paralyzed in disbelief.
(d) He calls out to Mary for help.
7. Why does Colin play "Ha Ha Ha" on the jukebox?
(a) He enjoyed hearing the song during his last visit.
(b) He wants to impress Robert.
(c) It is the only song he recognizes the name of.
(d) He knows the bar's patrons enjoy it.
8. What do Mary and Colin whisper to each other as they make love?
(a) Sweet declarations of their love
(b) Hateful, cruel criticisms
(c) Bizarre, somewhat violent sexual fantasies
(d) Their intentions for the future
9. Where do Mary and Colin travel to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) To London
(b) To Robert and Caroline's apartment
(c) To the church across the river from their hotel
(d) To the beach
10. Who does Robert insist on toasting to during dinner?
(a) His father
(b) Mary and Colin
(d) His new bar manager
11. Why is Caroline trapped in her apartment?
(a) She cannot climb the stairs to return to the apartment if she goes out.
(b) She cannot walk down the stairs to leave the apartment.
(c) Robert locks her in the apartment.
(d) She is wheelchair bound.
12. Why does Colin suggest he and Mary depart the boat early?
(a) He wants to visit Robert's bar.
(b) He thinks it will be quicker to walk to the hotel than ride the boat around the harbor.
(c) He is hungry and would like to find a restaurant.
(d) He wants to visit Robert and Caroline.
13. What is notable about the patrons of Robert's bar on this particular night?
(a) They are much friendlier than they were previously.
(b) They react negatively to the song on the jukebox.
(c) They watch Colin with curiosity.
(d) They seem angry and hostile.
14. What does Colin do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a director.
(c) He is a singer.
(d) He owns a bar.
15. What does Mary do as she sits with Colin's body?
(a) Cries incessantly
(b) Repeats his name out loud
(c) Fixes his hair and holds his hand
(d) Tells him what Caroline confessed to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Robert's home before he and his wife moved there?
2. How does Robert characterize his relationship with Colin to the men they encounter?
3. What prevents Mary from saving Colin's life?
4. What does Caroline say makes her feel more efficient?
5. What does Mary realize that frightens her?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)