Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did Colin make to Caroline?
(a) To visit her and Robert before he and Mary left Venice
(b) To kiss her before leaving Venice
(c) To help her escape from Robert
(d) To take her to the doctor
2. What does Robert tell Colin he looks like when he enters the room after showering and dressing?
(a) His father
(b) A Greek god
(c) A nightmare
(d) An angel
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic of discussion between Mary and Colin during this chapter?
(a) Their friends
(b) The politics of sex
(c) The other tourists staying in the hotel
(d) Their visit to Robert and Caroline's apartment
4. Which of the following is NOT a change that occurs for Mary and Colin during this chapter?
(a) They begin talking about Caroline and Robert more than they did previously.
(b) They stay closer to the hotel than they did previously.
(c) They begin sleeping in the same bed.
(d) They begin making love more often than they did previously.
5. Where do Mary and Colin go after leaving the boat?
(a) To their hotel room
(b) To a restaurant
(c) To the beach
(d) To Robert and Caroline's apartment
6. What does Caroline say makes her feel more efficient?
(a) Wearing colorful clothing
(b) Having company in her home
(c) Wearing makeup
(d) Wearing white clothing
7. How is the beach setting described as at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) As dirty and polluted
(b) As crowded and lively
(c) As crowded and oppressive
(d) As deserted and lonely
8. How does Robert characterize his relationship with Colin to the men they encounter?
(a) As enemies
(b) As brothers
(c) As old friends
(d) As lovers
9. Why does Mary think Robert took the secret photograph of Colin?
(a) He is stalking Colin and Mary.
(b) He thinks Colin has a nice face.
(c) Caroline is in love with Colin.
(d) He is secretly in love with Colin.
10. What is the main topic of conversation while Robert, Caroline, Mary and Colin dine together?
(a) Mary's children
(b) Caroline's injury
(c) Mary and Colin's relationship
(d) Robert's father
11. How does Mary react when Colin changes position while standing on the balcony?
(a) She notices his good looks.
(b) She is reminded that she forgot her hotel room key.
(c) She is frustrated and angered.
(d) She is inexplicably puzzled.
12. What does Robert say he and Caroline have been doing since they last saw Colin and Mary?
13. What did Robert actually intend to do when he broke Caroline's back?
(a) He intended to increase her sexual pleasure.
(b) He intended to kill Caroline.
(c) He intended to mildly injure her.
(d) He intended to save her.
14. In Colin's opinion, what is the mark of a successful vacation?
(a) Making new friends.
(b) The desire to return home.
(c) A good suntan.
(d) The desire to move to the city you are vacationing in.
15. What does Caroline find unusual about Mary's place of employment?
(a) Mary makes more money than Colin.
(b) There are few men working there.
(c) There are only women working there.
(d) It no longer exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin do for a living?
2. What does Robert believe all women want?
3. How does Colin initially react when Caroline and Robert begin making sexual advances towards him?
4. What does Colin notice has changed in Robert's bar since his earlier visit?
5. What does Caroline find "sweet" about Colin?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)