|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Caroline tell Mary she must meet before she will disclose how she hurt her back?
(a) She must agree to stay for dinner.
(b) She must agree to let Caroline have sex with Colin.
(c) She must tell Caroline all about her relationship with Colin.
(d) She must tell Caroline how good the tea is.
2. What information causes the Italian police to become less sympathetic towards Mary?
(a) Her occupation
(b) Her previously knowledge of Robert and Caroline
(c) Her marital status
(d) Her feminist beliefs
3. Why does Mary leave the morgue?
(a) A police official makes her leave.
(b) She must catch her flight to England.
(c) She receives news that Robert and Caroline had been caught.
(d) A nurse insists that she leave.
4. What does Mary intend to tell Colin, but does not (as she sits with his body in the morgue)?
(a) How much she loved him
(b) Why she did not save his life
(c) Where Robert and Caroline go after the murder
(d) How and why he was killed
5. What do Mary and Colin whisper to each other as they make love?
(a) Hateful, cruel criticisms
(b) Bizarre, somewhat violent sexual fantasies
(c) Their intentions for the future
(d) Sweet declarations of their love
6. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
(d) The United States
7. Which of the following is NOT a "willfully clumsy" detail of Colin's murder (according to the policeman)?
(a) Robert and Caroline leaving Mary alive as a witness
(b) Robert and Caroline booking their own flights.
(c) Robert and Caroline traveling on their own passports.
(d) Robert and Caroline leaving the razor behind.
8. What is the only piece of furniture left in Robert's gallery?
(a) The sideboard
(b) The dining chairs
(c) The dining table
(d) The portraits
9. What does Robert say he and Caroline have been doing since they last saw Colin and Mary?
10. What does Robert believe all women want?
(a) To be ruled by men
(b) To fall in love
(c) To have choices
(d) To control men
11. Who does Mary notice as she is drinking hot chocolate in the hotel cafe?
(c) An elderly couple
12. What does Caroline implore Colin to do when he and Mary prepare to leave her home?
(a) Kiss her goodnight
(b) Come back to visit again
(c) Stay at home overnight
(d) Stay in touch when they return to England
13. Why does Mary think Robert took the secret photograph of Colin?
(a) He thinks Colin has a nice face.
(b) He is stalking Colin and Mary.
(c) Caroline is in love with Colin.
(d) He is secretly in love with Colin.
14. What does Caroline say makes her feel more efficient?
(a) Wearing white clothing
(b) Wearing makeup
(c) Wearing colorful clothing
(d) Having company in her home
15. How does Robert react when Colin repeatedly asks him questions about the photograph?
(a) He evades the questions.
(b) He repeats his declarations of love for Colin.
(c) He patiently answers his questions.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary discover when Caroline takes her into her bedroom?
2. What does Robert focus on as he gives Colin a tour of his gallery?
3. Why is Caroline trapped in her apartment?
4. In Colin's opinion, what is the mark of a successful vacation?
5. Why does Mary awaken with a shout early one morning?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)