|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin describe Caroline as?
(a) A goddess
(b) A martyr
(c) A lucky woman
(d) A prisoner
2. What does Mary notice is different about Robert from the night before?
(a) The style of his clothing
(b) The way he interacts with Colin and her
(c) His sunglasses
(d) The scent of his cologne
3. Who is the only person who is kind to Robert after the incident in the study?
(b) His father
(c) The maid
(d) His mother
4. What circumstance seems to set an ominous tone for the evening for Mary?
(a) The lateness of their leaving the hotel.
(b) The argument that they had earlier in the day.
(c) The uneventful nature of their love making.
(d) The ambivalence she feels towards Colin.
5. What does Mary spend time doing when she awakens?
(a) She reads while Colin sleeps.
(b) She studies Colin while he is sleeping.
(c) She talks with Caroline.
(d) She searches the room they are in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caroline spend most of her time when in the house?
2. Why do Robert's sisters put him in their father's study after he has eaten sweets?
3. What does Mary liken the cafe to?
4. What does Caroline confess to Mary?
5. What does Mary see as "the most powerful single principle of organization shaping institutions and individual lives"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)