|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the beach setting described as at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) As dirty and polluted
(b) As crowded and lively
(c) As crowded and oppressive
(d) As deserted and lonely
2. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
(a) All of the men in the bar are drunk.
(b) There is a cover charge for men only.
(c) There are many beautiful women in the bar.
(d) There are only men in the bar.
3. Which of the following is NOT a unique characteristic of the bar Robert takes Mary and Colin to?
(a) There are only men in the bar.
(b) The same song plays over and over on the jukebox.
(c) The people there are unusually friendly.
(d) There is no food available there.
4. What concerns Colin when he walks to the edge of the ocean?
(a) The group of teenagers is encroaching on the spot where he and Mary have placed their towels.
(b) He sees Robert in the distance.
(c) He and Mary have begun arguing again after several days of renewed passion.
(d) He cannot see Mary swimming in the distance.
5. What must all visitors to the hospital have to gain entry?
(a) Italian citizenship
(b) The name of the patient they are visiting
(c) A yellow card
(d) Picture identification
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound awakens Mary and Colin each afternoon?
2. Why does Colin suggest he and Mary depart the boat early?
3. What continually interrupts Mary and Colin's conversation at the beach?
4. What does Colin believe is wrong with Mary when she awakens frightened?
5. What is the main topic of conversation while Robert, Caroline, Mary and Colin dine together?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)