|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mary and Colin meet while at the cafe?
(a) A fellow Englishman
(c) Mary's ex-husband
2. How does Mary react when Colin changes position while standing on the balcony?
(a) She is frustrated and angered.
(b) She notices his good looks.
(c) She is reminded that she forgot her hotel room key.
(d) She is inexplicably puzzled.
3. What do Mary and Colin notice about Robert's appearance once they have been in the bar for some time?
(a) He looks younger than he did in the street.
(b) He looks very effeminate.
(c) He looks like Colin.
(d) He looks older than he did in the street.
4. What does Colin believe is wrong with Mary when she awakens frightened?
(a) She had a nightmare and is not fully awake.
(b) There was an intruder in their hotel room.
(c) She is afraid they will never leave Venice.
(d) She is frightened by her love for Colin.
5. In Robert's opinion, what about the English language makes it beautiful?
(a) It is easy to learn.
(b) It is full of misunderstandings.
(c) It has many unique words.
(d) It sounds like singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colin respond to Robert's stories about his family and his wife?
2. What do Robert's sisters tell him he must have before eating sweets?
3. Why do Mary and Colin leave their hotel room after making love?
4. Who does Mary tell Colin they should have brought with them on vacation?
5. What does Mary notice is different about Robert from the night before?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)