|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do to encourage Mary and Colin to return to the bar?
(a) He pays for their drinks.
(b) He gives them a box of matches with the name and address of the bar on it.
(c) He invites them back the next night.
(d) He offers to bring his wife with him next time.
2. What does Mary notice is different about Robert from the night before?
(a) His sunglasses
(b) The way he interacts with Colin and her
(c) The style of his clothing
(d) The scent of his cologne
3. What do Mary and Colin hear as they depart the boat dock?
(a) Robert's voice
(b) The sound of the boat leaving the dock
(c) Caroline's voice
(d) The sounds of water birds
4. How do Mary and Colin act as they ride the water taxi back to their hotel?
(a) They do not speak or look at each other.
(b) They attempt to make conversation with the local people.
(c) They kiss and hold hands.
(d) They engage in lively conversation.
5. In Robert's opinion, what about the English language makes it beautiful?
(a) It is full of misunderstandings.
(b) It has many unique words.
(c) It sounds like singing.
(d) It is easy to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary react when Colin changes position while standing on the balcony?
2. What does Mary liken the cafe to?
3. How do Mary and Colin act towards one another as they approach their destination?
4. Why do Mary and Colin become concerned when they finally get a table at a cafe?
5. What did Robert do that made his sisters hate him?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)