|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroline say will happen if Mary and Colin choose not to dine with her and Robert?
(a) Caroline will feel slighted.
(b) Robert will blame her for their refusal.
(c) Caroline will be left with too much food.
(d) Robert will become angry and will beat her.
2. What question does Robert ask Mary and Colin when he first meets them?
(a) Are you tourists?
(b) Are you looking for a restaurant?
(c) Are you English?
(d) Are you lost?
3. Why does Colin wear a woman's dressing gown when he awakens?
(a) He wants to see what it is like to be a woman.
(b) His clothes are missing.
(c) Mary refuses to give him his clothes.
(d) He wants to embarrass Mary in front of Caroline.
4. How does Caroline characterize Mary and Colin as a couple?
(a) As a striking pair
(b) As very compatible
(c) As complete opposites
(d) As loving
5. Why is Robert surprised when his father calls him and his sisters into his study one night?
(a) They are never allowed in there.
(b) They are only allowed to visit the study in the mornings.
(c) He believes his sisters should be punished, but he should not.
(d) They thought they had evaded punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Colin believe they will find an open restaurant at the end of the first chapter?
2. How quickly do Robert, Mary and Colin drink their first bottle of wine?
3. Where does Caroline say that Mary and Colin's clothes are?
4. What does the couple do each evening on the balcony of their hotel room?
5. Why does Mary believe that the feminist posters suggest rapists should be castrated?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)