|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the tone of the first chapter of this novel?
2. What do Mary and Colin both notice in a store window?
(b) A unique bed
(c) A feminist poster
(d) Silk pajamas
3. How does Colin initially react when Mary tells him what has frightened her?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He dismisses it.
(c) He is also frightened.
(d) He tries to soothe her.
4. What does Robert maintain hold of as he and Colin walk through the gallery?
(a) One of his father's razors
(b) Caroline's hand
(c) Colin's elbow
(d) Colin's hand
5. How does Caroline characterize Mary and Colin as a couple?
(a) As loving
(b) As a striking pair
(c) As very compatible
(d) As complete opposites
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Mary and Colin not speaking to each other at the beginning of the novel?
2. Where is Robert's wife originally from?
3. Which of the following is NOT a type of map offered in the kiosks around Venice?
4. Why do Mary and Colin "sicken" when they use the word "relationship"?
5. Who was considered the head of Robert's family when he was a child?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)