|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an item in Robert's gallery?
(a) A statue of his father
(c) A large dining table
(d) Straight razors and a shaving bowl
2. Why are Mary and Colin not speaking to each other at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They have fallen out of love
(b) They can no longer remember the reason
(c) They recently fought over their vacation
(d) They rarely see eye to eye
3. Why do Mary and Colin become concerned when they finally get a table at a cafe?
(a) They are unable to read the menu because it is in Italian.
(b) They realize they do not have cash with them.
(c) The restaurant does not serve beverages.
(d) They are at the far edge of the waiter's station and cannot be seen.
4. What are Mary and Colin searching for in the morning?
(a) Their clothing
(b) The police
(c) Robert's apartment
(d) Food and water
5. What does Mary note about the water in Venice?
(a) It is exceptionally fresh and clean.
(b) It is plentiful.
(c) It tastes like fish.
(d) It is badly polluted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary liken the cafe to?
2. What do Mary and Colin forget to take with them when they leave the hotel?
3. How quickly do Robert, Mary and Colin drink their first bottle of wine?
4. How long have Colin and Mary been together?
5. What do Mary and Colin discover after they make love one evening?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)