|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Mary and Colin each afternoon?
(a) Tools clanking on barges
(b) The voices of sailors
(c) The motor of the hotel pontoon
(d) Chirping birds
2. What does Robert do to encourage Mary and Colin to return to the bar?
(a) He offers to bring his wife with him next time.
(b) He invites them back the next night.
(c) He gives them a box of matches with the name and address of the bar on it.
(d) He pays for their drinks.
3. Why does Caroline have difficulty moving around the house?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is in a wheelchair.
(d) She has a back injury.
4. In Robert's opinion, what about the English language makes it beautiful?
(a) It has many unique words.
(b) It sounds like singing.
(c) It is full of misunderstandings.
(d) It is easy to learn.
5. What question does Robert ask Mary and Colin when he first meets them?
(a) Are you lost?
(b) Are you looking for a restaurant?
(c) Are you English?
(d) Are you tourists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Robert's mother leave a glass of water in his room at night?
2. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
3. Which of Caroline's character traits makes Robert fall in love with her?
4. What must all visitors to the hospital have to gain entry?
5. What do Mary and Colin both notice in a store window?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)