|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Colin both notice in a store window?
(a) A feminist poster
(b) Silk pajamas
(d) A unique bed
2. Why doesn't Robert's mother leave a glass of water in his room at night?
(a) She knows he needs an excuse to call her into his room when he has a nightmare.
(b) His father forbids him to have water during the night.
(c) She feels it is her duty to serve Robert.
(d) She is afraid he will spill it which will cause his father to punish him.
3. How quickly do Robert, Mary and Colin drink their first bottle of wine?
(a) Over the course of an hour
(b) In ten minutes
(c) In twenty minutes
(d) In thirty minutes
4. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
(a) In his father's study
(b) In his parents' bed
(c) At his grandparents' house
(d) In his sister's room
5. What does Caroline confess to Mary?
(a) She plans to leave Robert.
(b) She is sexually attracted to Colin.
(c) She is unable to leave her home.
(d) She sat and watched Mary and Colin while they slept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who is kind to Robert after the incident in the study?
2. How does Robert react when he realizes Mary and Colin slept on the street the night before?
3. What ritual did Robert's family perform each evening when he was growing up?
4. Why do Mary and Colin become concerned when they finally get a table at a cafe?
5. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)