|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Robert's mother leave a glass of water in his room at night?
(a) She is afraid he will spill it which will cause his father to punish him.
(b) She feels it is her duty to serve Robert.
(c) She knows he needs an excuse to call her into his room when he has a nightmare.
(d) His father forbids him to have water during the night.
2. Which of the following describes the tone of the first chapter of this novel?
3. What often happens to Mary and Colin when they are sightseeing or shopping?
(a) They become lost.
(b) They decide to go in separate directions.
(c) They spend too much money.
(d) They quarrel.
4. Why do Robert's sisters put him in their father's study after he has eaten sweets?
(a) They know their father will punish him for being in there.
(b) They know he will have diarrhea in there and will damage the sacred room.
(c) They want their father to see him with chocolate on his mouth and hands.
(d) They do not want to get in trouble for feeding him sweets.
5. How does Robert react when he realizes Mary and Colin slept on the street the night before?
(a) He claims it was his fault.
(b) He encourages them to carry a map with them at all times.
(c) He chastises them for their unsafe behavior.
(d) He laughs at their stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
2. Why does Robert's father beat him for three nights in a row?
3. How quickly do Robert, Mary and Colin drink their first bottle of wine?
4. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
5. Why does Mary believe that the feminist posters suggest rapists should be castrated?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)