|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert react when Mary asks him how he met his wife?
(a) He tells a story of love at first sight.
(b) He avoids the question by stating that he would have to describe his family first.
(c) He avoids the question by asking Mary one of his own.
(d) He describes a trip to Canada.
2. What question does Robert ask Mary and Colin when he first meets them?
(a) Are you tourists?
(b) Are you looking for a restaurant?
(c) Are you lost?
(d) Are you English?
3. Who do Mary and Colin meet while at the cafe?
(b) A fellow Englishman
(d) Mary's ex-husband
4. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
(a) At his grandparents' house
(b) In his father's study
(c) In his sister's room
(d) In his parents' bed
5. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
(a) All of the men in the bar are drunk.
(b) There are only men in the bar.
(c) There is a cover charge for men only.
(d) There are many beautiful women in the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a location that Mary and Colin visit during this chapter?
2. How do Robert's sisters attempt to embarrass him in front of Caroline?
3. What event becomes a part of each of Mary and Colin's days while on vacation?
4. Which of the following describes Mary and Colin's relationship at the opening of the novel?
5. Who was considered the head of Robert's family when he was a child?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)