|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Mary and Colin's relationship at the opening of the novel?
(a) New and exciting
(b) New and volatile
(c) Committed, but uneventful
(d) Committed, but antagonistic
2. How does Mary initially react to Robert?
(b) With relief
(d) With hostility
3. What topic most often consumes Mary's dreams while on vacation?
(a) Her death
(b) Her children
(d) Her job
4. How does Robert react when Mary asks him how he met his wife?
(a) He avoids the question by stating that he would have to describe his family first.
(b) He tells a story of love at first sight.
(c) He describes a trip to Canada.
(d) He avoids the question by asking Mary one of his own.
5. What must all visitors to the hospital have to gain entry?
(a) A yellow card
(b) The name of the patient they are visiting
(c) Picture identification
(d) Italian citizenship
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mary and Colin become concerned when they finally get a table at a cafe?
2. What comfort does Robert offer Mary and Colin at the end of the chapter?
3. How do people react to the elderly women selling trinkets outside of the hospital?
4. What does Mary liken the cafe to?
5. What event becomes a part of each of Mary and Colin's days while on vacation?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)