|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of map offered in the kiosks around Venice?
(a) A small map with only the major streets marked
(b) A series of maps dividing the city into quadrants
(c) A large fold-out map of the entire city
(d) A detailed map designed specifically for tourists
2. What topic most often consumes Mary's dreams while on vacation?
(a) Her children
(b) Her job
(d) Her death
3. Which of the following is NOT a unique characteristic of the bar Robert takes Mary and Colin to?
(a) There is no food available there.
(b) There are only men in the bar.
(c) The same song plays over and over on the jukebox.
(d) The people there are unusually friendly.
4. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
(a) There are only men in the bar.
(b) All of the men in the bar are drunk.
(c) There are many beautiful women in the bar.
(d) There is a cover charge for men only.
5. Why are Mary and Colin not speaking to each other at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They have fallen out of love
(b) They recently fought over their vacation
(c) They can no longer remember the reason
(d) They rarely see eye to eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mary and Colin both notice in a store window?
2. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
3. What impresses Mary about the women of Venice?
4. Why does Mary believe that the feminist posters suggest rapists should be castrated?
5. Where is Robert's wife originally from?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)