|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who is kind to Robert after the incident in the study?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(d) The maid
2. What event becomes a part of each of Mary and Colin's days while on vacation?
(a) An argument
(b) A late afternoon nap
(c) A long leisurely dinner
(d) A day filled with sightseeing
3. What does Robert do to encourage Mary and Colin to return to the bar?
(a) He invites them back the next night.
(b) He gives them a box of matches with the name and address of the bar on it.
(c) He offers to bring his wife with him next time.
(d) He pays for their drinks.
4. What do Mary and Colin both notice in a store window?
(b) Silk pajamas
(c) A feminist poster
(d) A unique bed
5. What topic most often consumes Mary's dreams while on vacation?
(a) Her job
(c) Her children
(d) Her death
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary initially react to Robert?
2. Why doesn't Robert's father allow him to eat chocolate?
3. How long have Colin and Mary been together?
4. What ritual did Robert's family perform each evening when he was growing up?
5. Why do Mary and Colin leave their hotel room after making love?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)