|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of map offered in the kiosks around Venice?
(a) A small map with only the major streets marked
(b) A series of maps dividing the city into quadrants
(c) A detailed map designed specifically for tourists
(d) A large fold-out map of the entire city
2. Why are Mary and Colin not speaking to each other at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They have fallen out of love
(b) They can no longer remember the reason
(c) They recently fought over their vacation
(d) They rarely see eye to eye
3. What do Mary and Colin discover after they make love one evening?
(a) Mary has become pregnant.
(b) All of the restaurants in the area are closed.
(c) They are being watched by a stranger.
(d) They no longer love each other.
4. What is Robert's opinion of Italian feminists?
(a) They are too radical.
(b) They want to destroy relationships between men and women.
(c) They are more sympathetic than English feminists.
(d) They are too beautiful to love.
5. Where do Mary and Colin believe they will find an open restaurant at the end of the first chapter?
(a) No where.
(b) In the hotel.
(c) On the other side of the city.
(d) Near the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robert surprised when his father calls him and his sisters into his study one night?
2. What often happens to Mary and Colin when they are sightseeing or shopping?
3. How do Robert's sisters attempt to embarrass him in front of Caroline?
4. Why does Mary make the comment, "'Thank God I'm not a man'" when she, Colin and Robert enter the bar?
5. Why doesn't Robert's mother leave a glass of water in his room at night?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)