|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of map offered in the kiosks around Venice?
(a) A large fold-out map of the entire city
(b) A series of maps dividing the city into quadrants
(c) A detailed map designed specifically for tourists
(d) A small map with only the major streets marked
2. What is Robert's opinion of Italian feminists?
(a) They are too radical.
(b) They want to destroy relationships between men and women.
(c) They are more sympathetic than English feminists.
(d) They are too beautiful to love.
3. What does the couple do each evening on the balcony of their hotel room?
(a) Share their dreams
(b) Have a night cap before going to dinner
(c) Discuss their relationship
(d) Make love
4. How does Robert react when Mary asks him how he met his wife?
(a) He avoids the question by stating that he would have to describe his family first.
(b) He tells a story of love at first sight.
(c) He avoids the question by asking Mary one of his own.
(d) He describes a trip to Canada.
5. Which of the following best describes the ritual Mary and Colin both go through each evening before leaving for dinner?
(d) Self indulgent
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Colin believe they will find an open restaurant at the end of the first chapter?
2. What causes Mary and Colin to begin telling Robert about themselves?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Mary and Colin's relationship?
4. Why are Mary and Colin not speaking to each other at the beginning of the novel?
5. In Robert's opinion, what about the English language makes it beautiful?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)