|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mary and Colin meet Robert?
(a) In the lobby of their hotel
(b) In a bar
(c) On the streets of Venice
(d) On a boat
2. What question does Robert ask Mary and Colin when he first meets them?
(a) Are you lost?
(b) Are you tourists?
(c) Are you English?
(d) Are you looking for a restaurant?
3. What does Mary note about the water in Venice?
(a) It tastes like fish.
(b) It is plentiful.
(c) It is badly polluted.
(d) It is exceptionally fresh and clean.
4. What circumstance seems to set an ominous tone for the evening for Mary?
(a) The ambivalence she feels towards Colin.
(b) The argument that they had earlier in the day.
(c) The uneventful nature of their love making.
(d) The lateness of their leaving the hotel.
5. What do Mary and Colin forget to take with them when they leave the hotel?
(d) Directions to the restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of map offered in the kiosks around Venice?
2. What often happens to Mary and Colin when they are sightseeing or shopping?
3. What does the couple do each evening on the balcony of their hotel room?
4. How does Mary respond at first to Colin's sexual advances?
5. What topic most often consumes Mary's dreams while on vacation?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)