|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mary and Colin leave their hotel room after making love?
(a) They are convinced they can find an open restaurant for dinner.
(b) They must head home after their vacation.
(c) They are going to a bar.
(d) They are planning on moving to another hotel.
2. Which of the following does NOT characterize Mary and Colin's relationship?
3. What do Mary and Colin discover after they make love one evening?
(a) All of the restaurants in the area are closed.
(b) They no longer love each other.
(c) They are being watched by a stranger.
(d) Mary has become pregnant.
4. What question does Robert ask Mary and Colin when he first meets them?
(a) Are you English?
(b) Are you looking for a restaurant?
(c) Are you tourists?
(d) Are you lost?
5. How does Robert react when Mary asks him how he met his wife?
(a) He avoids the question by stating that he would have to describe his family first.
(b) He avoids the question by asking Mary one of his own.
(c) He tells a story of love at first sight.
(d) He describes a trip to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary note about the water in Venice?
2. What causes Mary and Colin to begin telling Robert about themselves?
3. Where do Mary and Colin believe they will find an open restaurant at the end of the first chapter?
4. What does Mary recall provided her with comfort when she was a teenager?
5. What sound awakens Mary and Colin each afternoon?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)