|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mary and Colin abandon the spot they initially choose to set up on at the beach?
(a) They are bothered by a group of overzealous teenagers.
(b) They do not have enough privacy.
(c) A family claims it is their regular location.
(d) A father and son tell them they already have taken the spot.
2. What does Robert do at the beginning of this chapter to mark the change in his relationship with Mary and Colin?
(a) He steps between them on the stairs placing his hand around Colin's shoulder.
(b) He speaks only to Colin.
(c) He tells Mary she must leave the apartment.
(d) He embraces them warmly as they reach the apartment.
3. What information about Robert does Caroline share with Mary that surprises her?
(a) Robert and Caroline are not married.
(b) Robert rarely invites guests to his home.
(c) Robert owns the bar he took Mary and Colin to.
(d) Robert was adopted.
4. Why doesn't Robert's father allow him to eat chocolate?
(a) He believes only girls should eat chocolate.
(b) Robert is allergic to chocolate.
(c) He believes it will make Robert gain weight.
(d) He believes it will make Robert weak.
5. How do people react to the elderly women selling trinkets outside of the hospital?
(a) They yell at them.
(b) They ignore them.
(c) They offer them money.
(d) They patronize their businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mary and Colin act towards one another as they approach their destination?
2. What does Robert focus on as he gives Colin a tour of his gallery?
3. Why does Mary believe that the feminist posters suggest rapists should be castrated?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic of discussion between Mary and Colin during this chapter?
5. How does Colin initially react when Mary tells him what has frightened her?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)