|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary note about the water in Venice?
(a) It is exceptionally fresh and clean.
(b) It is plentiful.
(c) It is badly polluted.
(d) It tastes like fish.
2. What does Mary see as "the most powerful single principle of organization shaping institutions and individual lives"?
3. What does the couple do each evening on the balcony of their hotel room?
(a) Make love
(b) Discuss their relationship
(c) Have a night cap before going to dinner
(d) Share their dreams
4. What ritual did Robert's family perform each evening when he was growing up?
(a) They sat and listened to his mother read.
(b) They had vibrant dinner conversations.
(c) They sat and listened to his father read.
(d) They kissed their father goodnight.
5. Where are Robert and Caroline planning on traveling to?
(b) The United States
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mary and Colin go to the hospital?
2. What does Mary recall provided her with comfort when she was a teenager?
3. Who owned Robert's home before he and his wife moved there?
4. Which of the following describes Mary and Colin's relationship at the opening of the novel?
5. What does Robert tell Colin he looks like when he enters the room after showering and dressing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)