|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the tone of the first chapter of this novel?
2. What event becomes a part of each of Mary and Colin's days while on vacation?
(a) A day filled with sightseeing
(b) A long leisurely dinner
(c) An argument
(d) A late afternoon nap
3. Where is Robert's wife originally from?
(d) The United States
4. How does Mary initially react to Robert?
(a) With relief
(d) With hostility
5. What does Mary recall provided her with comfort when she was a teenager?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her list of suggestions for self-improvement.
(c) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was considered the head of Robert's family when he was a child?
2. Why doesn't Robert's father allow him to eat chocolate?
3. What did Robert do that made his sisters hate him?
4. Where do Mary and Colin meet Robert?
5. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)