|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert sleep when his father is away?
(a) In his father's study
(b) At his grandparents' house
(c) In his parents' bed
(d) In his sister's room
2. What impresses Mary about the women of Venice?
(a) Their commitment to the native culture of the area
(b) Their radical, organized form of feminism
(c) Their subtle feminist beliefs
(d) Their complacency
3. Which of the following best describes the ritual Mary and Colin both go through each evening before leaving for dinner?
(d) Self indulgent
4. How does Mary respond at first to Colin's sexual advances?
(a) She becomes enraged.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She tells him to wait until after dinner.
(d) She eagerly embraces them.
5. Why does Mary believe that the feminist posters suggest rapists should be castrated?
(a) To discourage crime
(b) To prevent rapists from becoming repeat offenders
(c) To make people see rape as a serious crime
(d) To make the public take feminists less seriously
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert's sisters tell him he must have before eating sweets?
2. How does Robert react when Mary asks him how he met his wife?
3. What do Mary and Colin discover after they make love one evening?
4. Which of the following describes Mary and Colin's relationship at the opening of the novel?
5. Why do Robert's sisters put him in their father's study after he has eaten sweets?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)