|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the beach setting described as at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) As dirty and polluted
(b) As deserted and lonely
(c) As crowded and oppressive
(d) As crowded and lively
2. What ritual did Robert's family perform each evening when he was growing up?
(a) They kissed their father goodnight.
(b) They had vibrant dinner conversations.
(c) They sat and listened to his mother read.
(d) They sat and listened to his father read.
3. How does Mary characterize her relationship with Colin as she describes it to Caroline?
(a) As volatile and unstable
(b) As a passionate affair
(c) As a trusting, loving friendship
(d) As routine
4. Why does Mary repeat the story about the photograph to Colin while they are eating breakfast?
(a) She is trying to get him to confront Robert.
(b) She wants to make sure he understands the gravity of the situation.
(c) She is not sure he listened carefully when she told the story the night before.
(d) She wants to see what his reaction is now that it is daylight.
5. Which of Caroline's character traits makes Robert fall in love with her?
(a) Her beauty
(b) Her sharp tongue
(c) Her complacency
(d) Her sympathy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who is kind to Robert after the incident in the study?
2. What concerns Colin when he walks to the edge of the ocean?
3. What does Colin tell Caroline is the only downside to his and Mary's visit to Venice?
4. How do Mary and Colin act towards one another as they approach their destination?
5. What does Colin say must happen before he and Mary decide if they will stay at Caroline and Robert's home for dinner?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)