1. Which of the following describes the tone of the first chapter of this novel?
2. How long have Colin and Mary been together?
(a) 10 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 7 months
3. Which of the following describes Mary and Colin's relationship at the opening of the novel?
(a) New and volatile
(b) New and exciting
(c) Committed, but uneventful
(d) Committed, but antagonistic
4. What event becomes a part of each of Mary and Colin's days while on vacation?
(a) A long leisurely dinner
(b) An argument
(c) A day filled with sightseeing
(d) A late afternoon nap
5. What do Mary and Colin discover after they make love one evening?
(a) Mary has become pregnant.
(b) They are being watched by a stranger.
(c) All of the restaurants in the area are closed.
(d) They no longer love each other.
6. Why do Mary and Colin leave their hotel room after making love?
(a) They must head home after their vacation.
(b) They are convinced they can find an open restaurant for dinner.
(c) They are planning on moving to another hotel.
(d) They are going to a bar.
This section contains 6,047 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)