|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Mere Catherine has no Coca-Cola, what does she give Brown to drink with his rum?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Root beer.
2. How did Brown enter a casino at a young age?
(a) By sneaking through the back door.
(b) By masquerading as a woman's date.
(c) By stealing a passport and bluffing.
(d) By bribing the guard at the front door.
3. What revelation does Jones give Brown about his love life?
(a) He has only slept with low-class woman.
(b) He is deeply in love with Martha.
(c) He has only slept with women he's paid.
(d) He has been married four times.
4. When Brown unexpectedly sees Philipot and Joseph emerge from the woods, what physical state is Joseph in?
(a) Limping at the back of the line.
(b) In pain with a shattered arm.
(c) Lying dead on a stretcher.
(d) Walking proudly at the head of the line.
5. Why does the Secretary for Social Welfare suggest that Duvalierville is a good place for the Smiths' vegetarian center?
(a) The government has already been preparing the town for tourism.
(b) There is no other land available.
(c) He thinks it would revive the tourism trade.
(d) The land is poor and he doesn't know what else to do with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brown's idea to help Jones escape?
2. Why is Brown not afraid to smuggle Philipot's body off his property?
3. As Brown and young Philipot converse near the hotel pool, what does Philipot reveal that he is obsessed with?
4. Why do Jones and Brown go back to the Medea?
5. Where did Brown attend school as a child?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)