|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tonton Macoutes show up at Brown's hotel, what does Captain Concasseur do to Brown?
(a) Interrogates him thoroughly.
(b) Holds him at gunpoint on the porch.
(c) Robs him of the money he had hidden in his office.
(d) Handcuffs him to the porch railing.
2. What is the impression Jones presents to the rebels he is hiding with?
(a) A lonely wanderer.
(b) A wholehearted rebel.
(c) An experienced soldier.
(d) An inexperienced soldier.
3. As Luigi the Italian is gambling, why he is depressed?
(a) He is losing large amounts of money.
(b) Brown is winning more money than he is.
(c) The casino is losing all its money.
(d) He has no money left for alcohol.
4. After many years of silence, Brown received a message from his mother. What did the message say?
(a) She was slowly dying.
(b) She had bought some property that she would like him to see.
(c) She would like to see him if he ever came to Haiti.
(d) She was traveling to England and would like to see him.
5. The bedrooms in the brothel are arranged in a long, low row. What is the name given to this arrangement of rooms?
(a) The stable.
(b) The barn.
(c) The row.
(d) The cluster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martha in Santo Domingo?
2. For the first time during Chapter 1 of Part 2, Martha mentions her father. Why is he disgraced in Brown's eyes?
3. How does Jones feel about his jail cell?
4. As far as Brown knows, where is Jones's home?
5. When Mr. Smith hears that Doctor Philipot had killed himself, what does he want to do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)