|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starting in Part 1, Chapter 1, what problem does Brown have with Jones's name?
(a) He does not believe it is the man's real name.
(b) He has too many other associations with the name.
(c) He cannot think of him as General.
(d) He cannot think of him as Major.
2. A Tonton Macoute strikes up a conversation with Brown. Who is this man?
(a) A new character in the book.
(b) The one who smashed the windows of the hearse carrying Doctor Philipot's body.
(c) The one responsible for putting Jones in jail.
(d) The leader of the Tontons Macoute.
3. How does Brown perceive his relationship to Martha, primarily?
(a) As the most important part of his life.
(b) As mere amusement in his boring life.
(c) As star-crossed lovers.
(d) As co-conspirators rather than lovers.
4. Why does Brown leave the military base?
(a) His mother's brother is dead.
(b) The attempt to make a political connection fails.
(c) He does not get the exit-visa.
(d) He does not get the job.
5. As the hearse is stranded in the road, what does Madame Philipot promise to buy for her son?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) Vanilla ice cream.
(c) Chocolate cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, as the Smiths are being driven to the airport, what does Mr. Smith do?
2. What is Martha's opinion of Jones's relation to her family?
3. How did Marcel kill himself?
4. As Mr. Smith tells Brown in a conversation in Part 1, Chapter 1, why is he proud of his wife?
5. As Jones presents his business plan, what Biblical story is Brown reminded of?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)