|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Smiths first arrive at the Hotel Trianon, what does Mr. Smith think of the body crouched in the pool?
(a) He is offended and demands immediate burial.
(b) He covers Mrs. Smith's eyes so she will not see.
(c) He thinks it is a sleeping beggar.
(d) He thinks the death is horrible.
2. In school, what play was Brown forced to participate in, speaking in a French translation of the original play?
(a) The Cherry Orchard.
(b) A Doll's House.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Question of Taste.
3. What is the name of the Tonton Macoute who begins speaking to Brown?
(a) Captain Concasseur.
(b) Petit Pierre.
(c) Tin Tin.
(d) Captain Henderson.
4. Why did Brown give Marcel a large amount of British money?
(a) To help him start life anew in the city.
(b) To bribe him into leaving the hotel.
(c) To buy his third of the hotel.
(d) To ensure he would not talk about the countess.
5. Why do Brown and the Secretary of the Interior converse briefly in French?
(a) Because Mr. Smith does not understand French.
(b) Because their government secrets do not concern anyone else.
(c) In order to express themselves more fully.
(d) Because no one around them understands French.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the note Doctor Magiot received, where is young Philipot?
2. What does Mr. Smith carry around for his wife?
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5, what distractions does Brown experience?
4. What are Jones's last words to Philipot?
5. Where do Brown and Martha rendezvous most often?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)