|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brown and Martha first meet each other?
(a) At the cashier's desk in the casino.
(b) At the Hotel Trianon.
(c) At one of the cocktail parties hosted by her husband.
(d) By the statue of Columbus.
2. Angel is introduced in Part 1, Chapter 2. Who is he?
(a) The President's grandson.
(b) Brown's half-brother.
(c) Martha's son.
(d) Joseph's son.
3. Where did Brown attend school as a child?
(a) The Jesuit College of the Visitation.
(b) The local public school.
(c) The Schools of the Virgin Mary.
(d) The School of the Immaculate Conception of Christ.
4. How does Jones feel about his jail cell?
(a) It is unremarkable.
(b) He barely notices it.
(c) It is horrifying.
(d) It is merely the next step in his journey.
5. Who is Mr. Baxter?
(a) The purser.
(b) The captain.
(c) Mrs. Smith's brother.
(d) The pharmaceutical traveler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha's husband think about her affair with Brown?
2. Brown's pass is good only for one day, but this is not a problem. Why?
3. How did Marcel kill himself?
4. What is Brown's plan to get through the road-blocks with Jones?
5. At the embassy, Brown meets Doctor Philipot's nephew. Who is this man?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)