|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moment, as Brown remembers the past, makes him feel that his business was finally a success?
(a) A young couple promised to vacation there every year.
(b) A girl was making love in the pool in the middle of the night.
(c) His guest registry was full for nearly three months running.
(d) Tourists in the neighboring cities heard about him.
2. When the Smiths first arrive at the Hotel Trianon, what does Mr. Smith think of the body crouched in the pool?
(a) He thinks the death is horrible.
(b) He covers Mrs. Smith's eyes so she will not see.
(c) He is offended and demands immediate burial.
(d) He thinks it is a sleeping beggar.
3. While going through his mother's desk after she dies, what did Brown find in the piggy bank?
(a) Outdated currency from the previous government.
(b) A few pounds of English money.
(c) A folded picture of a man whom Brown does not recognize.
(d) A casino token and a medal from the resistance movement.
4. Why does Angel want to meet Brown?
(a) So he is not left out from the circle of his parents' friends.
(b) Because he will ask him for chocolate biscuits.
(c) Because he is jealous of Brown.
(d) Because Martha egged him on to meet Brown.
5. Why does Doctor Magiot visit Brown one night?
(a) He misses Brown's mother.
(b) He gets lonely after the sun sets.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He wants to intimidate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Baxter?
2. Why is Jones proud of his expansive liquor traveling case?
3. What does Jones name the ambassador's new dog?
4. Why is Martha in Santo Domingo?
5. Along the border of the Dominican Republic, what does Brown feel?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)