|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than participating in the night of entertainment, what does Mr. Fernandez do?
(a) Fails to appear at all.
(b) Becomes seasick.
(c) Bursts into tears.
(d) Bursts out laughing.
2. What does Martha's husband think about her affair with Brown?
(a) He probably knows but does not object.
(b) He has threatened to throw her out of the house.
(c) He has already filed for divorce.
(d) He does not suspect anything.
3. What does Jones name the ambassador's new dog?
(c) Don Juan.
4. While going through his mother's desk after she dies, what did Brown find in the piggy bank?
(a) A few pounds of English money.
(b) Outdated currency from the previous government.
(c) A folded picture of a man whom Brown does not recognize.
(d) A casino token and a medal from the resistance movement.
5. When Brown wants to get Jones released from jail, what advice does Petit Pierre give him?
(a) To begin by bribing the Tontons Macoute guards.
(b) Not to get involved at all, for his own safety.
(c) Not to exaggerate the situation.
(d) To process his appeal through the proper channels.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Martha comes to visit the afternoon after the Tonton Macoutes come, what do she and Brown do for the first time?
2. The bedrooms in the brothel are arranged in a long, low row. What is the name given to this arrangement of rooms?
3. Why does Brown go to the casino after talking with Jones?
4. What is the supposed reason for Jones's arrest when he attempts to pass through customs?
5. Four Tonton Macoutes arrive at the foot of Brown's driveway in a Cadillac. What does the leader do after drawing his gun?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)