|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brown's idea to help Jones escape?
(a) Smuggle him past the Tontons Macoute into the forest.
(b) Get him an exit-visa through the Venezuelan embassy.
(c) Drive him across the border.
(d) Send him to fight with Philipot.
2. Why do Brown and the Secretary of the Interior converse briefly in French?
(a) Because Mr. Smith does not understand French.
(b) Because their government secrets do not concern anyone else.
(c) In order to express themselves more fully.
(d) Because no one around them understands French.
3. Why does Jones hurry Brown and Smith out of his cell?
(a) He is tired of their company.
(b) The doctor is coming.
(c) He needs the bathroom.
(d) The guard is coming.
4. Why did Brown give Marcel a large amount of British money?
(a) To buy his third of the hotel.
(b) To bribe him into leaving the hotel.
(c) To help him start life anew in the city.
(d) To ensure he would not talk about the countess.
5. Why, according to Philipot, did Jones die?
(a) He had an asthma attack.
(b) He was shot near the heart.
(c) His flat feet gave out.
(d) He sacrificed himself to try save Philipot.
Short Answer Questions
1. After many years of silence, Brown received a message from his mother. What did the message say?
2. What does Petit Pierre bring to Brown early in the morning, the first day after he arrives home?
3. According to the note Doctor Magiot received, where is young Philipot?
4. What is Doctor Magiot's opinion of American aid to Haiti?
5. When Mr. Smith hears that Doctor Philipot had killed himself, what does he want to do?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)