|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Four Tonton Macoutes arrive at the foot of Brown's driveway in a Cadillac. What does the leader do after drawing his gun?
(a) Threatens Madame Philipot.
(b) Waves it in the faces of the people around him.
(c) Smashes the windows of the hearse.
(d) Fires several shots into the trees.
2. How does Brown perceive his relationship to Martha, primarily?
(a) As co-conspirators rather than lovers.
(b) As the most important part of his life.
(c) As star-crossed lovers.
(d) As mere amusement in his boring life.
3. Why does Doctor Magiot visit Brown one night?
(a) He wants to intimidate him.
(b) He misses Brown's mother.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He gets lonely after the sun sets.
4. After many years of silence, Brown received a message from his mother. What did the message say?
(a) She would like to see him if he ever came to Haiti.
(b) She was slowly dying.
(c) She had bought some property that she would like him to see.
(d) She was traveling to England and would like to see him.
5. Why does Brown leave the military base?
(a) He does not get the exit-visa.
(b) His mother's brother is dead.
(c) He does not get the job.
(d) The attempt to make a political connection fails.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marcel kill himself?
2. Why is Brown on the military base near Santo Domingo?
3. Where do Brown and Martha rendezvous most often?
4. What were the countess's last words to her son?
5. In Chapter One, what is distinctive about Jones's driver, the man who ruined Joseph?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)