|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brown walks up the stairs to say hello to Angel, what does the boy show him?
(a) A card trick involving three jokers.
(b) A game with a clown face and two metal beads for eyes.
(c) A puzzle made of magnets.
(d) A picture of his father that he keeps under his pillow.
2. As Jones presents his business plan, what Biblical story is Brown reminded of?
(a) Samson wrestling the lion.
(b) The devil showing off the world's kingdoms.
(c) David killing the giant with a stone.
(d) Paul preaching to the crowds in Athens.
3. What were the countess's last words to her son?
(a) "Your father could never stand his own climate."
(b) "A little luck has come my way at the end."
(c) "One must take precautions."
(d) "What part are you playing now?"
4. When Brown visits Jones the afternoon after the Smiths leave town, what do the two men drink?
(a) White wine.
5. Jones appears at the brothel the same night that Brown talks with the Tonton Macoute. How is he treated?
(a) With contempt.
(b) Like someone who does not belong.
(c) Like the guest of honor.
(d) With scorn, since he has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. While going through his mother's desk after she dies, what did Brown find in the piggy bank?
2. A Tonton Macoute strikes up a conversation with Brown. Who is this man?
3. After the war, how did Brown feed himself?
4. The bedrooms in the brothel are arranged in a long, low row. What is the name given to this arrangement of rooms?
5. How does Brown perceive his relationship to Martha, primarily?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)