|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brown give Marcel a large amount of British money?
(a) To ensure he would not talk about the countess.
(b) To help him start life anew in the city.
(c) To buy his third of the hotel.
(d) To bribe him into leaving the hotel.
2. What do Brown and Philipot's nephew discuss with the ambassador?
(a) Jones fighting in Burma.
(b) Making a quick sale.
(c) Being comedians.
(d) Melodious poems.
3. After the war, how did Brown feed himself?
(a) By buying a hotel and becoming a businessman.
(b) By copying famous painters and selling the pieces at high prices.
(c) By taking a job he is not proud of and does not describe.
(d) By working in the Political Intelligence Department.
4. Why is Jones proud of his expansive liquor traveling case?
(a) It was given to him in his father's will.
(b) It was his mother's last gift to him.
(c) He won it on a bet with some soldiers in Burma.
(d) He worked six months to be able to afford it.
5. When Brown visits Jones at his rented villa for the first time, what is on the table?
(a) A pack of scattered cards.
(b) Blueprints and trial budgets.
(c) Four empty wine bottles.
(d) Maps of the local area.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Smith hears that Doctor Philipot had killed himself, what does he want to do?
2. When the countess rang the bell for Marcel to come to her room, what was he wearing?
3. At the casino with Luigi, whom does Brown see from the ship?
4. At the embassy, Brown meets Doctor Philipot's nephew. Who is this man?
5. When Jones's business is successful, what does he want to construct?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)