|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brown realizes that morning at the end of the driveway, why do the Tontons Macoute wear sunglasses?
(a) The sunglasses are a measure of their power.
(b) They want to intimidate people with their staring.
(c) Because the government tells them to.
(d) Because if they show fear, it would be the end of terror in others.
2. Because Mere Catherine has no Coca-Cola, what does she give Brown to drink with his rum?
(a) Orange juice.
(d) Root beer.
3. How much Latin does Brown remember from his early education?
(a) Only Virgil's poetry.
(b) Everything he reads.
(c) Only one line.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, Brown and Joseph discuss what might happen with Doctor Philipot's soul. What is the Voodoo belief about a dead man?
(a) He becomes a zombie and haunts the living.
(b) He becomes a ghost and wanders the graveyard all night.
(c) He moves on to the afterlife if he has lived a worthy life.
(d) He ceases to exist.
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3, as the Smiths are being driven to the airport, what does Mr. Smith do?
(a) Gives Joseph a large tip for the service he's provided.
(b) Thanks Brown profusely for being a good host.
(c) Scatters money to the beggars at the post office.
(d) Bribes the Tonton Macoute driver to bypass the roadblock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown perceive his relationship to Martha, primarily?
2. Why does Angel want to meet Brown?
3. When Brown visits Jones at his rented villa for the first time, what is on the table?
4. Why is Jones proud of his expansive liquor traveling case?
5. Where did Brown and Martha first meet each other?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)