|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celie communicate with Shug after she stops speaking to her?
(a) She doesn’t communicate; she ignores her completely.
(b) Through sign language.
(c) By writing down her thoughts.
(d) With body language.
2. What is the “big surprise” Shug reveals at Christmas?
(a) A pair of pants for Celie.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A car for Mr.
(d) Her new husband.
3. What is the name of Billy’s sister, Millie’s daughter?
(a) Cybil Edith.
(b) Daisy May.
(c) Leanne Mary.
(d) Eleanor Jane.
4. Who discovers that Mr. has been hiding Nettie’s letters?
5. What instrument does Germaine, Shug’s new boyfriend, play?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The drums.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celie picture God?
2. Who does Nettie marry?
3. Who teaches Millie how to drive?
4. What is Shug’s real name?
5. What does Nettie first notice about the Olinka people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nettie’s first impression of the Senegalese people she meets during her travels?
2. How does Shug identify Nettie’s hidden letters?
3. How has Corinne’s attitude changed toward Nettie since moving to Africa?
4. How does Shug convince Celie not to kill Mr.?
5. Who are Nettie and Celie’s birth parents?
6. What does Celie imagine that God looks like, and how does this affect her relationship with Him?
7. Why did Shug’s parents kick her out of the house when she was growing up?
8. Why does Millie think Sofia is ungrateful?
9. How do Tashi’s parents feel about her befriending Olivia?
10. Who is Mary Agnes?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)