|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celie feel when she finds all the letters Mr. has hidden from her?
2. What is the name of Billy’s sister, Millie’s daughter?
(a) Cybil Edith.
(b) Daisy May.
(c) Eleanor Jane.
(d) Leanne Mary.
3. What country does Nettie travel to with the hopes of appealing to the government?
4. What does Grady call Shug, which deeply annoys Celie?
5. Why does Harpo finally agree to let Squeak sing at his juke joint?
(a) The customers have specifically requested her.
(b) Squeak threatens to leave him if he rejects her again.
(c) Shug tells him that he could make a lot of money off her.
(d) There is no one else to sing the songs after Shug leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Nettie sails to Olinla?
2. Why does Nettie believe God sent her to live with the reverend and his family?
3. Who is the only person Celie has ever loved, aside from Nettie?
4. What is Corrine’s son’s name?
5. How does Millie feel about having Sofia in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Germaine, and how does Celie feel about him?
2. How does life change for Celie when she moves to Memphis?
3. What does Nettie do her first evening in Olinka?
4. Who is Mary Agnes?
5. How does Celie react when she learns that Mr. has been hiding Nettie’s letters?
6. Why is Sofia’s mother’s funeral unusual?
7. How did the reverend and his wife treat Nettie when they first met her?
8. How do the Olinka people first react to their new missionaries (including Nettie)?
9. Why is Olivia the only girl at the Olinka School?
10. How does Shug identify Nettie’s hidden letters?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)