|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What groundbreaking piece of information does Nettie reveal to Celie in one of her letters?
(a) That their mother is still alive.
(b) That Pa is not their real father.
(c) That she has been having an affair with Samuel.
(d) That she is pregnant.
2. Who does Mary Agnes ask to look after Suzy Q while she is away?
(c) Eleanor Jane.
3. Why does Nettie tear up all her letters to Celie when she reaches her port?
(a) Because her emotions have changed so much, the letters are no longer truthful.
(b) Because she knows Mr. will never deliver them.
(c) Because she is afraid of being caught.
(d) Because she knows Celie cannot read.
4. How long does Millie let Sofia visit with her family before taking her back home?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) A weekend.
(c) The entire afternoon.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. How long was Sofia kept in prison before her early release?
(a) Seven years and three months.
(b) One year and one month.
(c) Eleven and a half years.
(d) Nine years and nine months.
6. Why does Corinne think that Nettie and Samuel have been having an affair?
(a) Because the children look so much like Nettie.
(b) Because she caught them in bed together.
(c) Because she has seen them flirting with each other.
(d) Because the villagers frequently refer to Nettie as Samuel’s second wife.
7. What is unusual about Sofia’s mother’s funeral?
(a) She has all female pallbearers.
(b) The funeral is for “whites only.”
(c) No one is invited to the service.
(d) She asks to be buried at sea.
8. How does Corinne die?
(a) She catches African fever.
(b) She succumbs after a long battle with cancer.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She suffers from an untreated STD.
9. What does Grady call Shug, which deeply annoys Celie?
10. Who does Nettie marry?
(c) The Olinka chief.
11. What season is it when Celie sees Pa for the last time?
12. Where does Shug own a beautiful new home?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) New Orleans.
13. How does Shug react when Celie starts crying about the rape and incest she suffered from?
(a) She kisses her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She prays for her.
(d) She slaps her.
14. What does Celie start sewing to keep her mind off killing Mr.?
(d) Christening gowns.
15. Who is the only person Celie has ever loved, aside from Nettie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Mr. has been hiding Nettie’s letters?
2. Who teaches Millie how to drive?
3. Where does Celie stab Mr. when he tries to stop her from going to Memphis with Shug?
4. What is Corrine’s son’s name?
5. Where does Nettie live?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)