|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn’t Celie like the idea of Shug and Germaine dating?
(a) Because Germaine is too young for her.
(b) Because she is jealous of Shug’s love.
(c) Because Shug is still married to Grady.
(d) All of the answers are true.
2. Which of the following is NOT a place Nettie stops on her way to Olinka?
(b) The Azures Islands.
(c) New York City.
3. What does Nettie first notice about the Olinka people?
(a) Their long dreadlocks.
(b) Their bare chests.
(c) Their welcoming spirit.
(d) Their white teeth.
4. Why do the Olinka people pity Nettie?
(a) Because she is far away from her family.
(b) Because she doesn’t have any children.
(c) Because she is poorer than they are.
(d) Because she is unmarried.
5. What is the name of Corrine’s husband?
6. Who does Nettie marry?
(b) The Olinka chief.
7. What type of farm do Mary Agnes and Grady run?
8. Who discovers that Mr. has been hiding Nettie’s letters?
9. What does Mr. collect, which surprises Celie?
(d) Snow globes.
10. How does Millie feel when she is surrounded by Sofia’s family?
11. Why does Celie want to see Pa before she moves to Memphis?
(a) To confront him about her past.
(b) To update him about Nettie.
(c) To properly say goodbye.
(d) To ask him for money.
12. Who is the only person Celie has ever loved, aside from Nettie?
13. Why does Shug suddenly decide to take Mary Agnes to Memphis with her as well?
(a) They send telegrams.
(b) To improve Mary’s singing career.
(c) They mail packages.
(d) They call each other on the phone.
14. Who does Mary Agnes ask to look after Suzy Q while she is away?
(c) Eleanor Jane.
15. What is the first thing that Nettie’s letters reveal to Celie?
(a) That Nettie is moving to Africa.
(b) That her children are alive.
(c) That Pa is dead.
(d) That Nettie is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shug own a beautiful new home?
2. What is unusual about Sofia’s mother’s funeral?
3. How does Pa initially react when he first sees Celie on his property?
4. How did Celie’s real birth father die?
5. What does Celie inherit when Pa dies?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)