|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 86-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Celie encourage Nettie to find in town?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The seamstress.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The reverend.
2. What is unusual about Sofia’s mother’s funeral?
(a) She asks to be buried at sea.
(b) The funeral is for “whites only.”
(c) She has all female pallbearers.
(d) No one is invited to the service.
3. Why does Celie think Nettie is dead after she leaves Mr.’s house?
(a) Nettie constantly worried that someone was after her.
(b) Nettie promises to write letters but none arrive.
(c) She overhears Mr. talking about how he killed her.
(d) She hears about an unidentified murder victim whose appearance is similar to Nettie’s.
4. How does Celie react when Mr. proposes to her again?
(a) She tells him they should just be friends.
(b) She laughs in his face.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She ignore him.
5. Why didn’t the previous missionaries in Olinka participate in the traditional welcoming rituals?
(a) Because they were too haughty.
(b) Because they didn’t understand the culture.
(c) Because they were too old.
(d) Because they weren’t invited to participate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nettie accuse Mr. of doing on the night she tried to leave the house?
2. How did the reverend and his wife treat Nettie when she first arrived?
3. How does Sofia finally convince Eleanor Jane to leave her alone?
4. What is the first thing that Nettie’s letters reveal to Celie?
5. What does Celie feel so guilty about that she struggles to sleep at night?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)