|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 86-90.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celie’s mother die?
(a) She dies due to childbirth complications.
(b) She accidentally drowns in the river.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) Her husband murders her.
2. What is the giveaway on the envelopes that they have come from Nettie, not anyone else?
(a) The stamps.
(b) There is no giveaway.
(c) The return address on the envelopes.
(d) The handwriting.
3. Why does Nettie tear up all her letters to Celie when she reaches her port?
(a) Because her emotions have changed so much, the letters are no longer truthful.
(b) Because she is afraid of being caught.
(c) Because she knows Celie cannot read.
(d) Because she knows Mr. will never deliver them.
4. What does Shug promise she will do before she moves out?
(a) Stop Mr.’s abuse.
(b) Teach Celie how to read.
(c) Finish the quilt.
(d) Save Harpo’s marriage.
5. What one activity won’t Mr. help with for Shug’s care?
(a) He won’t bathe her.
(b) He won’t lift her in and out of bed.
(c) He won’t change her sheets.
(d) He won’t clean up her vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sofia when Harpo proposes to marry her?
2. Where did Mr. hide Nettie’s letters?
3. What is the final way Corinne hurts Nettie before she dies?
4. Why didn’t the previous missionaries in Olinka participate in the traditional welcoming rituals?
5. How does Shug react when she learns that Celie is no longer writing letters to God?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)