|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 59-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Sofia sentenced for her crime?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 12 weeks.
2. How does Harpo’s life change after Sofia leaves him?
(a) He begins to make money and date around.
(b) He starts drinking and smoking excessively.
(c) He lives in complete isolation and depression.
(d) He travels the world, starting with Europe.
3. What does Celie say is keeping Shug alive?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her talent.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her love.
4. Who decides that Shug should come live in the house with Celie’s family?
5. Why is Mr. upset with the townsfolk after Shug moves in with him?
(a) He feels that they have abandoned her in her time of need.
(b) He hears that they have been spreading gossip about their relationship.
(c) Because they bought all the milk from the stores even though Shug needs it.
(d) Because they have started ignoring him at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shug’s real name?
2. Who is Squeak?
3. How did the reverend and his wife treat Nettie when she first arrived?
4. According to the letters, how does Nettie feel being away from Celie?
5. What does Shug call Mr. that surprises Celie?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)