|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 59-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the giveaway on the envelopes that they have come from Nettie, not anyone else?
(a) The return address on the envelopes.
(b) The stamps.
(c) There is no giveaway.
(d) The handwriting.
2. Who offers to speak to the warden on Sofia’s behalf?
3. What does Shug dedicate to Celie?
(a) A dance step.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A toast.
4. What does Celie think is the major difference between her marriage and Harpo’s?
(a) There is no abuse in Harpo’s marriage but there is in hers.
(b) There is no love in her marriage but there is in Harpo’s.
(c) She and Mr. are childless while Harpo and Sofia can have children.
(d) She and Mr. are old while Harpo and Sofia are young.
5. What does Nettie first notice about the Olinka people?
(a) Their long dreadlocks.
(b) Their welcoming spirit.
(c) Their bare chests.
(d) Their white teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nettie live?
2. What makes Shug feel well enough to move out of Mr.’s house?
3. What does Celie say is keeping Shug alive?
4. Who does Sofia move in with after she leaves Harpo?
5. How does Shug react when Celie starts crying about the rape and incest she suffered from?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)