|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 59-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Nettie sails to Olinla?
2. Why does Nettie tear up all her letters to Celie when she reaches her port?
(a) Because her emotions have changed so much, the letters are no longer truthful.
(b) Because she is afraid of being caught.
(c) Because she knows Mr. will never deliver them.
(d) Because she knows Celie cannot read.
3. Why didn’t the previous missionaries in Olinka participate in the traditional welcoming rituals?
(a) Because they were too old.
(b) Because they were too haughty.
(c) Because they weren’t invited to participate.
(d) Because they didn’t understand the culture.
4. Which of the following characters receives most of Mr.’s praise at home?
5. Who is the father’s of Celie’s baby?
(a) Her brother.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) Her father.
(d) The preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sofia finally decide to leave Harpo?
2. Where did Harpo meet the girl that he claims to have fallen in love with?
3. How does Millie feel when she is surrounded by Sofia’s family?
4. What does the term “bright” mean to Harpo?
5. How does Mr.’s attitude change after Shug moves in?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)