|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 36-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to speak to the warden on Sofia’s behalf?
2. What does Sofia worry about Harpo doing too much?
3. Why does Celie think Nettie is dead after she leaves Mr.’s house?
(a) Nettie promises to write letters but none arrive.
(b) She hears about an unidentified murder victim whose appearance is similar to Nettie’s.
(c) She overhears Mr. talking about how he killed her.
(d) Nettie constantly worried that someone was after her.
4. Why does Mr. have a bad reputation?
(a) He might have killed his wife.
(b) He beats women.
(c) He had an affair with Shug.
(d) All of the answers are true.
5. What bothers Celie about her father’s new wife?
(a) She is not a good cook.
(b) She is physically affectionate.
(c) She is not religious.
(d) She has a shrieking voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celie hope Nettie will escape from Pa’s house?
2. What does Celie do when she overhears Shug and Mr. having sex on the night before Shug moves out?
3. What does Celie think is the major difference between her marriage and Harpo’s?
4. What name did Celie sew into her daughter’s diaper before the baby was taken away from her?
5. Who does Celie encourage Nettie to find in town?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)