|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 36-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Shug feel well enough to move out of Mr.’s house?
(a) Her friendship with Celie.
(b) Her new medicine.
(c) A good diet and plenty of exercise.
(d) Singing again.
2. Where did Harpo meet the girl that he claims to have fallen in love with?
(a) At the library.
(b) At school.
(c) At a block party.
(d) At church.
3. How long is Sofia sentenced for her crime?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 12 days.
4. How does Harpo’s life change after Sofia leaves him?
(a) He begins to make money and date around.
(b) He travels the world, starting with Europe.
(c) He starts drinking and smoking excessively.
(d) He lives in complete isolation and depression.
5. Who offers to speak to the warden on Sofia’s behalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Squeak?
2. Why doesn’t Sofia’s father think Harpo is good enough for her?
3. How does Mr. react when Nettie moves into his house?
4. After moving in with the family, what does Shug want Mr. to do for her?
5. Why does Harpo fear his new business will fail?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)