|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 28-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one activity won’t Mr. help with for Shug’s care?
(a) He won’t lift her in and out of bed.
(b) He won’t bathe her.
(c) He won’t change her sheets.
(d) He won’t clean up her vomit.
2. How does Celie react when Mr. returns home after his frolic with Shug?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is curious.
3. Why does Harpo refuse to help Celie out around the house?
(a) Because he hates Celie.
(b) Because he is always too tired.
(c) Because his father has forbidden it.
(d) Because he thinks it is women’s work.
4. What does Mr.’s brother, Tobias, bring for Shug when he visits?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A tin of condensed milk.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A Bible.
5. How does Mr.’s attitude change after Shug moves in?
(a) He hums and whistles to himself.
(b) He begins ignoring Celie and the children completely.
(c) His temper becomes more unpredictable and violent.
(d) He is constantly nervous and emotional.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. react when he learns that Sofia is pregnant?
2. Why does Mr. kick Kate out of the house?
3. What does Celie think is the major difference between her marriage and Harpo’s?
4. What interesting household task is Sofia completing when Celie visits to speak to her about Harpo?
5. Which of the following words does Shug use to describe Celie when they first meet?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)