|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 28-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn’t Mr. want to marry Celie?
(a) Because he is truly in love with Nettie.
(b) Because she is too old for him.
(c) Because he thinks she is ugly.
(d) Because he is afraid of Pa’s jealousy.
2. What does Celie call her father?
(a) The Devil.
3. How many children do Mr. and Shug have together?
4. How does Mr. encourage Harpo to keep his wife in line?
(a) By sleeping with other women.
(b) By keeping her pregnant.
(c) By paying her compliments.
(d) By beating her.
5. What does Celie feel so guilty about that she struggles to sleep at night?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vein.
(b) Encouraging Harpo to beat his wife.
(c) Having impure thoughts about Shug Avery.
(d) Stealing money from Sofia’s purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr.’s brother, Tobias, bring for Shug when he visits?
2. How does Mr.’s attitude change after Shug moves in?
3. Who is Celie writing to in the novel?
4. How does Celie react to the news that Shug Avery is coming to town?
5. What does the term “bright” mean to Harpo?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)