|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 73-79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harpo refuse to help Celie out around the house?
(a) Because he is always too tired.
(b) Because he hates Celie.
(c) Because he thinks it is women’s work.
(d) Because his father has forbidden it.
2. How does Celie hope Nettie will escape from Pa’s house?
(a) Through her education.
(b) By running away.
(c) Through marriage.
(d) By killing him.
3. What does Shug promise she will do before she moves out?
(a) Stop Mr.’s abuse.
(b) Finish the quilt.
(c) Teach Celie how to read.
(d) Save Harpo’s marriage.
4. How does Mr. react when he learns that Sofia is pregnant?
(a) He says that he hates babies.
(b) He accuses her of trying to trap Harpo.
(c) He is excited to be a grandfather.
(d) He hopes Celie won’t be jealous of Sofia’s fertility.
5. Why does Corinne think that Nettie and Samuel have been having an affair?
(a) Because the villagers frequently refer to Nettie as Samuel’s second wife.
(b) Because she caught them in bed together.
(c) Because she has seen them flirting with each other.
(d) Because the children look so much like Nettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn’t Mr. want to marry Celie?
2. Why do Harlo’s kids love Squeak?
3. Why does Mr. kick Kate out of the house?
4. How does Harpo’s life change after Sofia leaves him?
5. How did Shug and Grady meet?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)