|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 22-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Mr. and Shug have together?
2. How long does Mr. leave Celie alone when Shug comes to town?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
3. How does Mr.’s attitude change after Shug moves in?
(a) He hums and whistles to himself.
(b) He begins ignoring Celie and the children completely.
(c) His temper becomes more unpredictable and violent.
(d) He is constantly nervous and emotional.
4. How do Celie’s sisters-in-law feel about her housekeeping skills?
(a) They are disgusted.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are jealous.
5. How does Mr. encourage Harpo to keep his wife in line?
(a) By paying her compliments.
(b) By beating her.
(c) By sleeping with other women.
(d) By keeping her pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celie feel so guilty about that she struggles to sleep at night?
2. Which of the following characters receives most of Mr.’s praise at home?
3. How does Celie react to the news that Shug Avery is coming to town?
4. In what season were Mr. and Celie married?
5. Why does Harpo refuse to help Celie out around the house?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)