|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 62-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highest position for a woman in the Olinka village?
(b) The chief’s wife.
(c) School teacher.
2. What does Shug comment on the first time she meets Celie?
(a) Celie’s housekeeping.
(b) Celie’s physical appearance.
(c) Celie’s religious faith.
(d) Celie’s marriage.
3. Which of the following words does Shug use to describe Celie when they first meet?
4. What does Shug call Mr. that surprises Celie?
(b) Big Papa.
(c) Boo Boo.
(d) Honey Bear.
5. Why don’t the Olinka people educate their daughters?
(a) Because education is very expensive, so it’s reserved for boys.
(b) Because they believe women have other responsibilities.
(c) Because the schools aren’t large enough to accommodate all the students.
(d) Because they think girls are too stupid to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What groundbreaking piece of information does Nettie reveal to Celie in one of her letters?
2. Why won’t the women at church help Shug when they hear she is ill?
3. Why do the Olinka people pity Nettie?
4. How does Corinne die?
5. After moving in with the family, what does Shug want Mr. to do for her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)